Any Orioles or hummingbirds yet ?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
usually hummer's show up around memorial weekend in my area,still to cold at night with temp's in the 30's I think,gold fenches are just turning yellow,rose breasted gross bekes just showed at my place last weekend.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
One Oriole showed up this morning so the rest aren't far behind. Same way with Purple Martins , one loner showed up and 2 days later the rest were here.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guys who watch birds and have feeders are gay.

p.s.
Saw goldfinches and orioles at the feeders in the last week.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Barn Swallows came back last weekend.

Happycamper

Honored Member
All I'm seeing is an over abundance of starlings, grackles, blackbirds, crows and cormorants.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
No hummers yet but 2 pairs of orioles and a single orchard oriole. Barn swallow's just moving in today.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
yellow canary moved in yesterday. Wished I had a feeder to keep them around, pretty bird to watch. I think they need a special food to eat.LB

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Both orioles and hummingbirds showed up two days ago. Saw several pairs of hummingbirds and and least one pair of orioles yesterday.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there a specific feeder for orioles?

They are attracted to orange color. cut an orange in half and and leave it out next to a fluorescent orange hunting gear is your best bet.

- - - Updated - - -

They are attracted to orange color. cut an orange in half and and leave it out next to a fluorescent orange hunting gear is your best bet.

Once you have them coming in then buy an oriole feeder. They like sugar water and grape jelly .

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FFEBEV0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just ordered this one a couple days ago. hanging it gets tricky too because ants like jelly too. Ants can't/won't climb down fireline.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
yellow canary moved in yesterday. Wished I had a feeder to keep them around, pretty bird to watch. I think they need a special food to eat.LB

They aren't fussy eaters from what I can tell. They were even sneaking some grape jelly yesterday . I like to spread the food out as much as possible so I throw a hand full on the ground and they dive right in .

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lots of blackbirds, dam morning doves and robins, robins die first then blackbirds and doves, I like to wound them then they walk back to the park, no cleanup then, those yellow finches are a lot fun to watch, they eat any kind of bird food

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55