Bow grip wrap or carbon bow?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I plan to hunt late season more often with bow this year. But I have a Hoyt that's aluminum and it's nasty cold to pick up and hold for longer than a few seconds.

Is there a good insulating wrap - or should I upgrade to carbon?

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I got the Ultraview Archery grip for my bow. Love it highly recommend! I believe they make grips for your hoyt

https://ultraviewarchery.com/collections/grips

- - - Updated - - -

The grip really forces you to not torque. It also seemed to help with the cold.

Ive been tempted to try ace bandage type wrap that sticks to itself. Wouldnt be long term but i bet you could make it damn comfortable

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
after 40 yrs of shooting it seems like I couldn't torque a bow much if I wanted to - the bow is simply no longer even there it seems like

They're sold out of the Hoyt versions. Of course.

Seems like the carbon upgrade is the ultimate solution - but re-rigging, changing anything... offers no appeal whatsoever. ICK.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the tape they wrap tennis rackets with. Bought it at scheels. Thin enough to where it doesn’t mess with my grip but offers enough insulation that it isn’t miserable to hold the bow.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blood flow starts to diminish once a guy reaches a certain age. The progression in this scenario is to purchase a quality rocking chair, and reminisce

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I knew the answer.
I've had my hands SO cold over the years.
I do know that I would not like ANYTHING on the grip that is not super slick.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the tape they wrap tennis rackets with. Bought it at scheels. Thin enough to where it doesn’t mess with my grip but offers enough insulation that it isn’t miserable to hold the bow.

This. Tennis racket wrap is excellent for early season sweaty palms as well as taking the sharp chill out of aluminum. However… nothing beats the carbon master race. That’s why it’s the master race.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to be sarcastic, but I wear gloves in the late season. I don't know any material that doesn't get cold when it's below zero.

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about that self sticking silicon tape,the stuff used on ice fishing reels,buy it a whole lot cheaper in the hardware store,you could wrap it to your liking,comes off with no residue or harm to the finish,some insulating properties and wont come loose.I like the grips on my Hoyts so havent tried it,but would be worth a try if i didnt,also wouldnt be slippery in the hand.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to use baseball bat wrap. I take the grip off of my hoyts and wrap that on. Also try to punch my tag prior to having to deal with this issue.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55