Math issues? Common sense issues? where to start?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lets not start a retardation contest unless there is a significant prize.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pint's a Pound the world around needed a workout again yesterday. Fuggin quart mug of Dos Equis doesn't weigh 5# in leaded crystal. Kids.........

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pint's a Pound the world around needed a workout again yesterday. Fuggin quart mug of Dos Equis doesn't weigh 5# in leaded crystal. Kids.........

https://youtu.be/6Dn8VH30eWs

- - - Updated - - -

Also brown bottle XX is nectar.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^Please don't take this too literally: Song immediately popped in my head. I didn't understand half the lyrics until just now. Impeccable fucking groove:

Well, I see you standin' there with your finger in the air
Everything we do, you wanna leave it up to you
Who do you think you are? You think you are a star?
Tryin' to run the town, always tryin' to put us down

Well, you think that you're right, you think you're out of sight
Tell me something, mister, why'd you have to make us so uptight?

Well, you say you've been tryin', you know that you're lyin'
I think you need some groovin', who do you think you're foolin', now?
Well, you better start changin', your life needs rearrangin'
You better do some talkin' or you better do some walkin' now

Yeah, you think that you're right, you think you're out of sight

I know what you're doing, all that you been doin' wrong
I don't know what you're feelin', oh, but you been feelin' long

Well, you think that you're right
Oh yeah

Well, I know what you're doing, all that you been doin' wrong
I don't know what you're feelin', oh, but you been feelin' long

Well, you think that you're right
Yeah-yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit. I subconsciously believe you're a villain. Damn you villain. It's no wonder you can't process corn. Stop polluting our waters.

- - - Updated - - -

Fiend.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Had a young out of highschool, strong, smart, city boy hired for the summer before collage started. We were digging dirt out of footing forms and everyone took a section. Spades were marked for depth so all would be the same. After about a hour I noticed our strong boy was way behind the rest so I went over to where he was working and had to show him he could step on the spade to get it to go into the ground. He was just stabbing away with his arms before that. Common sence not so much. LB

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a young out of highschool, strong, smart, city boy hired for the summer before collage started. We were digging dirt out of footing forms and everyone took a section. Spades were marked for depth so all would be the same. After about a hour I noticed our strong boy was way behind the rest so I went over to where he was working and had to show him he could step on the spade to get it to go into the ground. He was just stabbing away with his arms before that. Common sence not so much. LB

When i was 10 or 11 i was at a cousins house in Minot playing in the yard. Older neighbor lady came over and asked us to help her with her flower garden. Shed wanted to loosen and mix up the soil with a spade and a fork. My city cousin was trying to use a spade just like you described, by jabbing it in the dirt with his arms, me being a farm kid couldn't believe he didn't know you just step on it to get it in the ground. Sometimes shocks me the things we learn on a farm and just take for granted that everyone knows but don't.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
SDMF said "Smart kid says to bully, You can never actually touch me, the distance will just keep getting cut in half but you'll never actually touch me. Whack-Whack, #fatlipandblackeye." Apparently the smart kid forgot the time also decreases between measured increments. And yes there is a point in time where impact occurs. Xeno's paradox. it also happens in life, The older you get the faster time passes. Introducing calculators and computers before learning basic math gives children a crutch. Don't get me wrong, calculators are great tools, use one everyday. Try and write formulas in a spreadsheet if you don't know basic math, crash and burn. Rote memorization of times tables without learning the reason the numbers change does not help.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77