NDGF: Steinwand Retiring

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So Gates is buying land to sell grain to China? Only China? Or will other people be able to have some of his grain too? 
Bill Gates was part of the Epstein crowd, his intentions are never what is advertised. All them fuckers are full of evil.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://agfundernews.com/bill-gates-tells-reddit-why-hes-acquired-so-much-farmland.html

According to this I think it's all about the power of owning land and making plant based food to rid of red meat from American diets. As far as selling exclusively to China that's a speculation based on the history of bill gates and his interests with Chinese big business groups.

But to tell me that shelter belts don't hold wildlife that is a bunch a bullshit, just admit the facts farmers on here its all about the bottom dollar. If you are not part of that group then it doesn't pertain to you just those who are pissing on my shoe and telling me it's raining out. I would have more respect for those farmers who just admitted what really matters to them.
Fun fact just look up on the internet " do shelter belts hold wildlife"
My 3 cents

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
SE ND has (had) the largest, widest, most diverse tree rows (veritable forests) in the entire state.

Single tree rows my keester.

Ever get further than 20 miles from Napoleon?

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you planting trees if they don't provide habitat for wildlife?

Ever get more than 20 miles from Fargo? All you guys with the shitty attitude seem to be the same guys complaining about hunting opportunities. Think there might be a connection.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You still an anti vaxxer?

What’s you’re point. Go get vaccinated. I’m 52 and haven’t seen a doctor in 35 years. Stay in shape and eat healthy. The answer to health is not at the end of a needle. Or in a bottle of pills.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grew up in Bismarck. College in Dickinson. Worked at a ranch every summer. Grad school in Fargo. Own land and hunt deer there north of Killdeer. Basically quite familiar with the state end to end.

And overall have been flabbergasted at the wholesale destruction of every little creek bottom etc. in eastern ND. They even farm to the road in between telephone posts - probably to prevent anything from nesting because they hate wildlife here in the east. No kidding- it’s obscene. It’s not about hunting access for me - it’s about not even leaving some scrub for non-game animals.

- - - Updated - - -

And it’s moving west.

Enjoy it. Defend it. Love it. It’s the future of ag in ND.

Last edited:

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well crap. Congrats to Terry for retiring. Who gets the job next?

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
BC755255-C082-4B2B-B932-57257DFDD560.jpg
Grew up in Bismarck. College in Dickinson. Worked at a ranch every summer. Grad school in Fargo. Own land and hunt deer there north of Killdeer. Basically quite familiar with the state end to end.

And overall have been flabbergasted at the wholesale destruction of every little creek bottom etc. in eastern ND. They even farm to the road in between telephone posts - probably to prevent anything from nesting because they hate wildlife here in the east. No kidding- it’s obscene. It’s not about hunting access for me - it’s about not even leaving some scrub for non-game animals.

- - - Updated - - -

And it’s moving west.

Enjoy it. Defend it. Love it. It’s the future of ag in ND.

Well, I worry about what I am doing with my land. I don’t really care for some of the farming practices that are goin on, but it’s not my land and I don’t have any say with what another farmer does. I just get real tired of farmers as a whole being blamed for every problem with the population of wildlife. Some of us give a shit. I don’t know why it is our responsibility to provide a hunting experience for someone who is out here for a couple weekends a year. We have to make a living at this all year. By the way, found a goose nest in the pasture checking cattle this afternoon. And I didn’t run it over cause I don’t hate wildlife.

Last edited:

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eastern ND is essentially one big garden. Almost zero wildlife save for the few wooded bottoms and pastures. Not every farmer is a "steward of the land". My hat is off to those who do give a shit.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bacon - I get it. Most people still care about the land and critters.

But there’s a new breed in town. And it’s all about $$$$. It’s downright sinister.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya I know. It’s just frustrating some times when all farmers get thrown into what I call the big farmer crowd. We have them around here too. It’s just a numbers game to them and totally a business. Maybe that’s not a bad thing but they sure don’t give two shits wether they have any wildlife on there land. They could care less. It’s all about the dollars. Maybe I should be more like that too and I could have a cabin at the lake and a house in Arizona for the winter.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is farming that last 1% of scrub alongside the little creek really the difference in going to Arizona? That’s what I don’t get... seems like a lot of work to glean an additional very small percentage increase in production.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
No. That’s not how they make the big bucks. It’s from screwing crop insurance. They all do it.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya I know. It’s just frustrating some times when all farmers get thrown into what I call the big farmer crowd. We have them around here too. It’s just a numbers game to them and totally a business. Maybe that’s not a bad thing but they sure don’t give two shits wether they have any wildlife on there land. They could care less. It’s all about the dollars. Maybe I should be more like that too and I could have a cabin at the lake and a house in Arizona for the winter.
That's why all of these discussions turn into pissing matches between farmers and sportsmen. No different then throwing every sportsmen into the same group as the slob Fargo weekend hunter like a lot of landowners tend to do. We need to focus on the problem idiots and stop fighting with each other. Easier said then done now days.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was a bunny in my manicured back yard this morning eating on some shrubbery. Went for the pellet gun, but it was not in the gun safe, guessing my boy has it in his bedroom, and I didnt want to wake him.
I will say however my yard gets a lot of attention from me and the mrs, so when a rabbit shows up, I want it dead.

Guess I am also part of the problem, as I don't leave any of my property for the random critter.

Fucking rabbits and voles, makes that vein in my head throb even typing this...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never experienced a 120 degree day in ND nor seen dust blown to the ocean from ND. We havent seen dry ---- now they are bitching to much rain. The 4 inches will soak in by the time you get back from the coffee shop.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was a bunny in my manicured back yard this morning eating on some shrubbery. Went for the pellet gun, but it was not in the gun safe, guessing my boy has it in his bedroom, and I didnt want to wake him.
I will say however my yard gets a lot of attention from me and the mrs, so when a rabbit shows up, I want it dead.

Guess I am also part of the problem, as I don't leave any of my property for the random critter.

Fucking rabbits and voles, makes that vein in my head throb even typing this...

One of these days the pincher is guna catch that little sob before he gets under the shed, it's great comedy but might have to let the Gamo bark soon as well.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good question. I have a good idea who most in Devils Lake don’t want.

I know PF if that is who you are talking about he is an upstanding guy in my book as well as his kids, just because he made a mistake that let some unsavory characters walk. He has done a lot of good for the lake region as well as the work he did with his predecessor Chuck Pulver here in the ne region of this state. As far as what he has did well that will all come out if he is the one who takes Terry's place.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Take it from me, I've belonged to a number of groups that often get a bad rap because of the bad apples in their midst. Some being U.S. Marine, college student, farmer/rancher, landowner, govt employee, teacher, white male, hunter, angler, and ????.

Bottom line though is that I learned a long time ago to not let myself be pigeon holed into whatever others may think of those with similar activities/traits as myself. Which is exactly why I do not belong to any organizations that use my membership to influence politics.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80