Deer Lottery Deadline

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve said it before. Change the rules to primitive only and open sights. Have all the tags you want cause nobody will want to deal with it. All these inlines make it too easy and everyone is just looking at an extra tag. Get back to the original intent of having a muzzleloader tag.

I’d enjoy the challenge of that even though I’m typically lazy when it comes to prepping outdoor equipment.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve said it before. Change the rules to primitive only and open sights. Have all the tags you want cause nobody will want to deal with it. All these inlines make it too easy and everyone is just looking at an extra tag. Get back to the original intent of having a muzzleloader tag.
Yeah and besides that a guy pretty much has to get out of the pick-up to reload the damn things

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Be same number of applicants. People would just buy a primitive muzzleloader with their Biden handouts
Maybe, maybe not. But what you could do is double the tags cause the success rate would be half what it is now. Your limited to 100 yds or less vs the 200 with the inlines. With no scope I would guarantee the success rate would be considerably less. Most wouldn’t put in the time and practice to get good enough. Hell, most can’t hit shit with modern firearms.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe, maybe not. But what you could do is double the tags cause the success rate would be half what it is now. Your limited to 100 yds or less vs the 200 with the inlines. With no scope I would guarantee the success rate would be considerably less. Most wouldn’t put in the time and practice to get good enough. Hell, most can’t hit shit with modern firearms.

Probably double the tags with half the success rate alright but probably also twice as many gut shot or poorly placed shots on deer that would eventually die and never make it to the freezer.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member

If you want it that way, back to primitive. Then park your pickup and start riding a horse. No modern clothing or boots, dress in buckskin and wear moccasins.. No triple H has to be blackpowder. Now thats primitive.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn't matter if it's archery equipment, ML's, or centerfire rifles. It seems everyone has a "technology-point" at which they're happy jumping on or off the bandwagon. I can recall a time that a hand-held Laser Range Finder was a "grey area" regarding legality for hunting big game. They were the size of a shoe-box and measured out to a whopping 400yds.

You hear the same thing w/Archery. No peeps, no pins, no cams, no this, no that. But, you don't see most of those types knapping their own flint broad heads, fashioning cedar shafts, winding animal sinew into strings, or finding the appropriate branch from which to fashion their own bow.

For the Muzzle-loader traditionalists, you're going about your crusade all wrong. Sighting devices, powder charges, and bullet shapes aren't going to stop folks from enjoying the discipline. Outlaw Stainless Steel and make folks clean their ML regularly and the participants will drop like flies.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it should be up to the land owners as to what type of killing aperatice should be allowed, if said land owner will let me shoot with a drone that's equipped with a semi auto caliber rifle I'm all for it. :;:stirthepot

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think it should be up to the land owners as to what type of killing aperatice should be allowed, if said land owner will let me shoot with a drone that's equipped with a semi auto caliber rifle I'm all for it. :;:stirthepot

I would be in favor of this ONLY if we have some sort of electronic app to designate what is all allowed on each piece of every landowners property...you know something to make it easy on the hunter and the landowner. ;:;popcorn

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find it more efficient to only maintain equipment when failures due to lack of maintenance alert me to the need to have maintained it better.

This is where a time machine would be super handy.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would be in favor of this ONLY if we have some sort of electronic app to designate what is all allowed on each piece of every landowners property...you know something to make it easy on the hunter and the landowner. ;:;popcorn
Yes absolutely we will need an app for that for sure. Oooo the possibilities would be endless as to what a person can do with in the guidelines as to what the government would allow.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn't matter if it's archery equipment, ML's, or centerfire rifles. It seems everyone has a "technology-point" at which they're happy jumping on or off the bandwagon. I can recall a time that a hand-held Laser Range Finder was a "grey area" regarding legality for hunting big game. They were the size of a shoe-box and measured out to a whopping 400yds.

You hear the same thing w/Archery. No peeps, no pins, no cams, no this, no that. But, you don't see most of those types knapping their own flint broad heads, fashioning cedar shafts, winding animal sinew into strings, or finding the appropriate branch from which to fashion their own bow.

For the Muzzle-loader traditionalists, you're going about your crusade all wrong. Sighting devices, powder charges, and bullet shapes aren't going to stop folks from enjoying the discipline. Outlaw Stainless Steel and make folks clean their ML regularly and the participants will drop like flies.
I'm still looking for a damn loin cloth big enough for my behind! ;:;rofl

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63