Deer Lottery Deadline

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably double the tags with half the success rate alright but probably also twice as many gut shot or poorly placed shots on deer that would eventually die and never make it to the freezer.
Not if you know what your doing. The whole point of having a muzzleloader season was to give the guys that liked to use those weapons a chance at a separate season without all the pressure of the regular gun season. Then all the manufacturers started making all the inlines with scopes and non black powder propelent and all of a sudden every swinging dick wanted to put in for a muzzleloader tag. So now we get to hear all the whiners bitching that they can’t draw a muzzleloader tag.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not if you know what your doing. The whole point of having a muzzleloader season was to give the guys that liked to use those weapons a chance at a separate season without all the pressure of the regular gun season. Then all the manufacturers started making all the inlines with scopes and non black powder propelent and all of a sudden every swinging dick wanted to put in for a muzzleloader tag. So now we get to hear all the whiners bitching that they can’t draw a muzzleloader tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Maybe, maybe not. But what you could do is double the tags cause the success rate would be half what it is now. Your limited to 100 yds or less vs the 200 with the inlines. With no scope I would guarantee the success rate would be considerably less. Most wouldn’t put in the time and practice to get good enough. Hell, most can’t hit shit with modern firearms.

Every rose has it's thorn.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still wondering why the lottery takes so fricking long when everything is supposed to be done electronically now. Gotta be the interest they collect while holding the money as long as possible. The results should have been available last Friday or Monday morning at the latest. Probably another couple weeks away.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still wondering why the lottery takes so fricking long when everything is supposed to be done electronically now. Gotta be the interest they collect while holding the money as long as possible. The results should have been available last Friday or Monday morning at the latest. Probably another couple weeks away.

its been 3 week wait the last couple years . I’m usually first one to get on our illustrious GF but 3 weeks is acceptable. Relax . They’ll be out soon enough and then bitch fest will begin

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
its been 3 week wait the last couple years . I’m usually first one to get on our illustrious GF but 3 weeks is acceptable. Relax . They’ll be out soon enough and then bitch fest will begin
I never bitch about not getting a tag but it's nice to know sooner then later if I want to keep some vacation time for deer season. Maybe move the lottery up a month or 2 so people can plan summer vacations. Other states have lotteries in March FFS.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guess I don't hear anybody bitching about not getting a muzzy tag, that ship sailed years ago. Now it's just simply a bonus tag you don't expect to get and thats just fine with me.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never bitch about not getting a tag but it's nice to know sooner then later if I want to keep some vacation time for deer season. Maybe move the lottery up a month or 2 so people can plan summer vacations. Other states have lotteries in March FFS.
What states ? Wyoming still hasn’t been held for deer . Elk was just few weeks ago . Montana deer and elk is mid April . Montana b tags hasn’t been held yet antelope is august . SD not yet , Colorado few weeks ago I believe . Relax

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Do you have proof of this?

The only option for growing interest would be a savings account as a CD and Bond would be long term and the market would be too volatile (down a couple percent since draw deadline). Now let’s say, conservatively that out of all resident applications, 20,000 don’t draw and get refunded. And Again, very conservatively 2,000 nonresident applications get refunded.

20,000 x $30 = $600,000
2,000 x $250 = $500,000

So we’re making 2% annual return (at best) on our saving account. That’s about 0.038% per week. So you’re telling me they hold that money for two extra weeks to make $846. I don’t doubt that would even cover the transfer fees.

I would suspect they wait until June to make sure they don’t over issue tags in the event of a devastating spring storm. And the fact they can run full QC and turn results in 3 weeks is a damn miracle considering the general public is so dumb that they give credit for filling out your name correctly on the ACT.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have to go through 13,000 gratis tags and deduct them off the top of the tags from each unit and do land checks on gratis tags . That’s what takes the most time . 3 weeks isn’t a bad wait . It’ll be next week and then the bitch fest will begin

Whitetail56

They have to go through 13,000 gratis tags and deduct them off the top of the tags from each unit and do land checks on gratis tags . That’s what takes the most time . 3 weeks isn’t a bad wait . It’ll be next week and then the bitch fest will begin

I messaged them this morning they said the week of July 5

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Land checks for gratis should be a breeze with the landowner database.

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watford City Police held a deer tag raffle this year and I was lucky enough to win, it can be used for any season any unit, once filled Iam done… so my results are in”successful” now I have to figure out where I should spend my time scouting

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member

I contact GNF with questions every now and then. They always answer quickly and completely. Rather than wonder, just reach out to them and ask. I doubt there is anything sinister going on. Many of their procedures are written in law. Names and phone numbers can be found here: https://gf.nd.gov/contact-us

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75