Deer Lottery Deadline

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watford City Police held a deer tag raffle this year and I was lucky enough to win, it can be used for any season any unit, once filled Iam done… so my results are in”successful” now I have to figure out where I should spend my time scouting

Congratulations on winning the fundraiser tag!

Are you still allowed to also "draw" a tag in the regular lottery? For the record, that wouldn't bother me in the least.

Get a fundraiser tag, regular gun, OTC archery, and draw your ML you could shoot 4 bucks AND send a bunch of jealous folks to the ER with heart palpitations.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congratulations on winning the fundraiser tag!

Are you still allowed to also "draw" a tag in the regular lottery? For the record, that wouldn't bother me in the least.

Get a fundraiser tag, regular gun, OTC archery, and draw your ML you could shoot 4 bucks AND send a bunch of jealous folks to the ER with heart palpitations.

get ready for the “1 tag a year” crowd to melt over your post. But, but, but, It’s not fair!!

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t get other tags, I forfeit my regular tags but hopefully not my points…. Have to many years in on the ML tags

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing for me again. But should have a good shot with 2 points next year in the unit I apply.

I may actually apply for one of the units with extra tags. Boy...7,900 extra tags still out there. What's that say about the ND landscape and deer populations compared to accessible hunting land and the number of hunters??

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
Unsuccessful - both for Rifle and for Muzzleloader - only 5 points for muzzy. now 1 point for rifle. Archery again this year.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damnit! I swung for the fence and applied for a muley buck tag = unsuccessful.

This breaks my streak of having an antlered tag going all the way back to 1996.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Doe tag for rifle and the muzzy sits in the gun cabinet for the 14th year. O well that how the ball bounces. LB

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing for me again. But should have a good shot with 2 points next year in the unit I apply.

I may actually apply for one of the units with extra tags. Boy...7,900 extra tags still out there. What's that say about the ND landscape and deer populations compared to accessible hunting land and the number of hunters??

it says that people are too lazy to travel to a unit outside their comfort zone and do a little research and hunt a new area . Theirs 2 units with leftover buck white tail tags , get onx maps and go hunt plenty of plots and public in those units . I guess it’s easier for folks to go on Facebook and other blog sites and bitch about not getting a tag .

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
it says that people are too lazy to travel to a unit outside their comfort zone and do a little research and hunt a new area . Theirs 2 units with leftover buck white tail tags , get onx maps and go hunt plenty of plots and public in those units . I guess it’s easier for folks to go on Facebook and other blog sites and bitch about not getting a tag .

I suppose laziness is part of it. I think the other part is folks (like myself) have maybe hunted family land or the same land for generations. These areas may not be more popular and/or have fewer deer than the past, so getting a tag isn't sure thing.

I didn't say what I said to be argumentative, more so just the nuances of this state's deer herd and hunting habits.

I probably will apply to one of those units this fall and try to get out of my comfort zone a bit.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose laziness is part of it. I think the other part is folks (like myself) have maybe hunted family land or the same land for generations. These areas may not be more popular and/or have fewer deer than the past, so getting a tag isn't sure thing.

I didn't say what I said to be argumentative, more so just the nuances of this state's deer herd and hunting habits.

I probably will apply to one of those units this fall and try to get out of my comfort zone a bit.
I agree with you . Good luck this fall if you try a new unit

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not everyone has the luxury of taking time off to travel to scout out a new unit, people work at jobs were you don't get vacation time to take off for a week and if you do get vacation time off most would spend it during something the whole family can do, to hunt these days compared to only a year ago everything is going up in price, anyways those who complain about being denied a tag would also would complain that it's too hot out, too cold out, gas is too high, or 1000s of other things we all have to deal with. I am fortunate as well as my brother who we both got our buck tags but the old man was denied. Congratulations to those who were lucky enough and better luck next year to those who didn't

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think laziness is quite the right way to say it, although I'm too lazy to look at the units that have leftover tags (assume they are in the SW part of the state). I'm not a huge deer hunter, basically try to get one to get some meat. I wouldn't be interested in driving 5 hours to an unfamiliar area where I'll have to stay in a hotel for a couple nights to do it. Not to mention if you're a young parent trying to get a kid out that can be a tough road - deer hunting isn't everyone's main hobby to invest all their free time; some just would like to have a tag close to home.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75