ND elk tag auction

snowcat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just heard the SHILOH CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, just got $31,500.00 for the elk tag !

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
That seems extremely dumb. I’d sell the winning bidder a whole processed beef for half that price.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That seems extremely dumb. I’d sell the winning bidder a whole processed beef for half that price.

but then they would not be able to go elk hunting and would be stuck with beef vs the best meat in the world which is elk. It’s like having a big boat and all the shit to go fish seems stupid when you can just go to the store and buy a couple walleye fillets.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope that elk tag came with a free subscription to the game and fish’s electronic database so he can see all of the land he can’t hunt on…

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope that elk tag came with a free subscription to the game and fish’s electronic database so he can see all of the land he can’t hunt on…

If your buying a tag for 31g getting on land isnt going to be a problem.....

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
but then they would not be able to go elk hunting and would be stuck with beef vs the best meat in the world which is elk. It’s like having a big boat and all the shit to go fish seems stupid when you can just go to the store and buy a couple walleye fillets.
In your opinion it is but not to me. I’ll eat beef everyday of the week over elk or any wild game for that matter.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
In your opinion it is but not to me. I’ll eat beef everyday of the week over elk or any wild game for that matter.

Im just wondering why they are dumb for spending money on what they want. If it was just about the meat they would go buy it at the store.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Its a fund raiser for the school, So could be a student parents or alumina trying to help the school out.

It may not even be about getting a Elk lic/tag

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great let a school auction off a once in a lifetime tag. Wonder how many will want to do that next year. Where does it end? fuggin BS IMO

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great let a school auction off a once in a lifetime tag. Wonder how many will want to do that next year. Where does it end? fuggin BS IMO

Schools and various sports groups have been auctioning/raffling tags for years. The g&f releases the tag information to which group gets what tag. The delta waterfowl in Minot had a whitetails tag go for 17k one year. Please, refill your cereal bowl with fresh Cheerios since clearly someone pissed in yours this morning. If the g&f can give back to groups to raise money I think it’s a good thing.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Statewide tag and you can begin hunting most of the state with a rifle 9/3 with the balance of the state opening 10/1 running through the 12/31. I'm not sure that happens anywhere else in the US.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Schools and various sports groups have been auctioning/raffling tags for years. The g&f releases the tag information to which group gets what tag. The delta waterfowl in Minot had a whitetails tag go for 17k one year. Please, refill your cereal bowl with fresh Cheerios since clearly someone pissed in yours this morning. If the g&f can give back to groups to raise money I think it’s a good thing.
Don't think it should happen with once in a lifetime tags. JMHO.

Go eat your soggy cheerios.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't think it should happen with once in a lifetime tags. JMHO.

Go eat your soggy cheerios.
Its 2 Elk tags a year and game and fish get 10% of proceeds. Probably plenty of other things to be angry about!

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Most people can’t hunt deer or fish from shore in their home county for cheaper than comparable meat can be purchased when it’s all said and done. Anyone who thinks coming out on top by hunting and fishing in most cases is just willfully ignorant. My God, this is the last place I thought I would see this topic, but in 2021 we never waste an opportunity to complain and argue with strangers on the internet. Especially when it comes to someone having something we can’t have.

The type of person dropping $30k on a governor tag is likely much more financially savy than any one begrudging him for it. In fact I bet he could find much larger “wastes” of money in each of our finances in relation to income and net worth than him buying this tag. Good for anyone that can buy a gov tag and good for the org/school! Hopefully I have the correct combination of luck and hard work in motion to someday have $30k worth of play money laying around for tags!

325 WSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
They must be recruiting some pretty expensive athletes for the upcoming years. Oh wait they don't do that right!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76