ND elk tag auction

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
1689188101725.png

396C03E3-E29F-4D48-977A-397D34CABFA9.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, you’re doing it again. We’re talking about elk and you’re posting pictures of moose. The stupid runs strong in you ditch kitty.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If not it made economic sense to run a wagon with moose power, guessing us Americans would be doing it, regardless they are essentially cattle that our founders decided not to domesticate, so now that larger than cattle meat source is, a national treasure?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They need to give out 300-400 Elk tags for the 1200 Elk in the turtle mt. to the general public. Not the 65 for the 300 Elk there last count came up with up there. And maybe one or two for other Elk land in ND. db

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
They need to give out 300-400 Elk tags for the 1200 Elk in the turtle mt. to the general public. Not the 65 for the 300 Elk there last count came up with up there. And maybe one or two for other Elk land in ND. db

Do you need any help generating deterrent beer cans to hang in the trees around your food plots?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
SDMF:

planted 100 xmas trees and next week plan to to put post up with wire around them, then post around feeders with wire and then off to old planting of trees. Woven wire on some but electric with cans up high for Elk so whitetail can go under. Planted food plots there with soybeans last week and got some rain. In time some brassicas. Looking forward to this years bow hunt.

It all fun and game and will it work? Will let all know. Help is always welcome.

Got so that game and fish no longer wants to visit (the book learners at their desk with all there knowledge, computers are a step up on me about how it all works) but also got one from Canada and US to agree to at least talk about the Elk and maybe do a count together. Are there 1200?, well there are more than the 300 they told me based on counts by those that live up there.

And i did request more license for those who live in ND and are not landowners. db

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Btw, you’re doing it again. We’re talking about elk and you’re posting pictures of moose. The stupid runs strong in you ditch kitty.

No, bravo was talking about big game.

bravo said,

Last, I don't know why someone who raises big game commercially would even fathom chiming in topics like this. You profit off the commercialization of wildlife.

I do not raise big game nor do I sell wildlife. bravo purposely is bending straight lines.

Chapter 20.1-01-01 ND Century Code defines big game as deer, moose, elk, bighorn sheep, mountain goats, and antelope. Chapter 20 is the Game and Fish section. Which in turn covers "wild" animals owned by the public.

Kentucky, pay attention, words mean things.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Who fucking cares if this fella legally raises Elk, and high fence hunts them. If he gets legal tax breaks, or incentives. It is not the fault of someone taking advantage of a legally run business, to legally make a profit.
Its just a god damn stock animal same in my eyes as a fucking barn pig, or turkey farmer, other than people will pay to put the animal down themselves.
Maybe farmers could convince city folks to pay to come out and combine the grains they plant, and need to eat bread, etc...

Seems some of us think an elk is somehow above other cattle, plenty of bison farms out there too.

I have slaughtered pigs, but it was a close range between the eyes shot, maybe I should have let them lose first. ummm bacon
I'm with johnr. To me, domesticated elk are livestock. If someone wants to feel special about shooting their fenced-in meal, good for them.

Reminds me of a story from about 15 years ago...
A guy I knew was telling a story about a buddy of his who bought a buffalo/bison from a farmer. The farmer gave them the opportunity to come out and pick out the one they wanted, and harvest it themselves. He proceeded to tell me his buddy had a .243, which was a "pretty big gun," and shot the buffalo. This mainly pissed him off, and he charged their pickup and smashed into the side. I considered entering the same "but a .243 will bounce off deer" argument that often shows up on here, but decided to go with "Haha, that's a hell of a story. A buffalo is a tough sumbitch."
Anyway, guy dropped dead of a heart attack about a month later.
Moral of the story: It's ok to let some shit slide.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75