Recarpet old boat

Mwsfarm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a 2000 Lund pro v, looking for names/phone numbers of people in western ND that would put in new carpet, or get rid of carpet altogether. Love the old boat, repowered with a 200 Etec two years ago.

any suggestions?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did my 2000 pro-v 1900. It was a big job but not hard. Looked amazing when I was done. I also replaced all the plywood in it too. Had a couple suspect spots so I said screw it and replaced it all. That part was pretty simple since I had pieces to use for templates

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a 2000 Lund pro v, looking for names/phone numbers of people in western ND that would put in new carpet, or get rid of carpet altogether. Love the old boat, repowered with a 200 Etec two years ago.

any suggestions?

Inspect the current wood floor with a fine tooth comb before you re-carpet/cover it. If you have any soft spots, replace the whole thing. No sense in going through all the work and expense of recovering only to have to do it again.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one soft spot in my 2007 ProV, gonna let it ride for now as it is about a 2 inch area on the front deck.

Not sure why, as the boat is covered always, and never leave the plug in. Pisses me off, but that is the fun of boat ownership.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
btw... if you end up replacing the floor, treated wood and aluminum in contact with each other are no good. i think i used regular plywood and coated it with some marine grade or oil based paint before carpeting.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one soft spot in my 2007 ProV, gonna let it ride for now as it is about a 2 inch area on the front deck.

Not sure why, as the boat is covered always, and never leave the plug in. Pisses me off, but that is the fun of boat ownership.

Covers can hold in a lot of moisture.

Espringers is correct in that pressure-treated wood and AL are not compatible. Either buy marine-grade plywood or buy regular plywood and treat it yourself.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I built a pole barn at the lake and my boats never spent a night outside. Never had a problem :cool:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you don't mind a little rougher surface, try Tuff Coat.

That and a wash down hose is what I would do. Carpet in a well used fishing boat doesn't make much sense to me because it just gets smelly and attracts flies.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea you can’t go near aluminum with treated wood. I used marine grade 3/4” plywood from menards. It was like $60 a sheet then. Be $500 now lol. Then I sealed all edges with silicone. And sprayed the pieces with poly. I think I used like four sheets if I recall.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Marine flooring is not cheap and SeaDek is a little on the more expensive side of marine grade flooring. I'd love to replace the carpet on my Toon with something like SeaDek, but with pricing at $147-170 for a 40" x 80" piece, it would be well over $1,000 for just the flooring.

If one is looking for something a bit less expensive, there is this: Tuff Coat Rubberized Deck Coating (Non-Slip) | CoversDirect® (boatcoversdirect.com) I have no experience with it, but I do like the concept for something like a Toon that you may not wish to go through the headache of removing all the furniture.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
After a second thought , aftermarket products might be ok , but without the washdown hose. It wouldn't be good if moisture got underneath the new flooring so the wood stayed wet. I'd have a lot of questions for MFG.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75