Brush Gun

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Brush gun ment you were low man in the pecking order and you get to push the nasty stuff. LB

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys are way off base. Brush gun term has nothing to do with shooting into brush. It's term comes from handling in brush vs a long barrel

You'd think that, but, unfortunately it's more often about projectile performance through brush than it is about "handling characteristics".

.308 and 30-06 180gn Round Nose are in every N MN convenience store for a reason...........

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, sadly enough. I knew some backwoods hun-yucks from northern Minnetucky who would proudly proclaim how many "sound shots" they got while out walking through the woods. Hear a noise...shoot in its direction...go look for blood. Again, WTF?

Needless to say, I NEVER hunted with them.

I wouldnt stick out my ND chest to far ---- for our population being well less we have had to many hunting accidents. I can name 20 times in my hunting years that i have been directly shot at. Worst one was in your neck of the woods when we had just finished a drive and standing on a road. A a buck up jumps a buck on the road and stands for a minute hunters (several of them) down the road sitting in in their trucks got out and shot directly at us and the (deer in between) - i was like WTF --- you know the sound of those bullets too -- its leaves a pit in your stomach and then you hear the pop and we were like seriously. I couldnt believe none of us took a round. One of them fcks hit the deer in the leg and it ran into the woods never to be seen again; they knew better then even come our way. They got in there trucks and sped away. What a shit show. Roadies are the worst. Roadie can have a million dollar set of binocs but those binocs cannot see orange. Over the years i just seeing it get worse. - its all horns horns vs a fun hunt.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldnt stick out my ND chest to far ---- for our population being well less we have had to many hunting accidents. I can name 20 times in my hunting years that i have been directly shot at. Worst one was in your neck of the woods when we had just finished a drive and standing on a road. A a buck up jumps a buck on the road and stands for a minute hunters (several of them) down the road sitting in in their trucks got out and shot directly at us and the (deer in between) - i was like WTF --- you know the sound of those bullets too -- its leaves a pit in your stomach and then you hear the pop and we were like seriously. I couldnt believe none of us took a round. One of them fcks hit the deer in the leg and it ran into the woods never to be seen again; they knew better then even come our way. They got in there trucks and sped away. What a shit show. Roadies are the worst. Roadie can have a million dollar set of binocs but those binocs cannot see orange. Over the years i just seeing it get worse. - its all horns horns vs a fun hunt.

sorry!

- in my defense, I was sorta hammed

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
shorts, I think it's safe to say that there are shitbirds in every state. We have road hunters, MN has sound shots. Neither are great ideas.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
My buddy and I set up an old shot up archery target of mine on a relatives posted alfalfa. Then we sat with binocs a half mile away. We laughed so hard I ha a sore gut for the next day. Not a single pickup passed trying for that target. Only one out of the nine got out for a sneak. The other eight all shot from the truck. One guy was shooting out the passenger window as the truck was still sliding. Sad to think about, but at the time we were doubled up laughing. One relative must have suckered while we were gone because he didn't think it was funny at all. That was many years ago when we were young and more foolish than today.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My buddy and I set up an old shot up archery target of mine on a relatives posted alfalfa. Then we sat with binocs a half mile away. We laughed so hard I ha a sore gut for the next day. Not a single pickup passed trying for that target. Only one out of the nine got out for a sneak. The other eight all shot from the truck. One guy was shooting out the passenger window as the truck was still sliding. Sad to think about, but at the time we were doubled up laughing. One relative must have suckered while we were gone because he didn't think it was funny at all. That was many years ago when we were young and more foolish than today.
Hung an old buck head and hide over a 30 gal steel drum on the edge of corn field. When they shot and hit it would twang, some times it took a few Twangs before they knew they were had. Also did that with mange fox froze them in a sitting position them prop them up by a fence post 100 yards from a road. Sometimes there wasnt much left but still funny. LB

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member

In 07 or so a round cracked so close to my head it sounded like being next to a pistol. Feeling a bit queasy as I type this...Almost killed over a doe that doubled back on a couple fucktards.

- - - Updated - - -

I've often thought a fake target and tannerite would provide good sport.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
That would describe 80% of the deer hunters. And I’m out every day and witness it. It’s getting to where I wonder why some of these guys are even out. Deer get up and it’s WW3 and the deer keep running. Or worse are injured and run away.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
More evidence supporting the spirit of this thread; grass/brush a couple feet in front of the vitals: Interesting site to poke around:

https://www.garrettcartridges.com/

Fun with a levergun or 12ga slug. It appears a flat meplat does defeat obstacles and a truncated point's spin will cause effective wounds. At a PRICE.

- - - Updated - - -

Crossbolt "safetys" are gay and retarded.

Last edited:

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
More evidence supporting the spirit of this thread; grass/brush a couple feet in front of the vitals: Interesting site to poke around:

https://www.garrettcartridges.com/

Fun with a levergun or 12ga slug. It appears a flat meplat does defeat obstacles and a truncated point's spin will cause effective wounds. At a PRICE.

- - - Updated - - -

Crossbolt "safetys" are gay and retarded.

I didn’t know crossbolt safety’s had sexual preferences and measurable intelligence levels. Interesting

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76