Weather misery...

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure sounds like the state is heading for an evening of misery today and overnight.

Here's your chance of having a tornado within 25 miles of you later today:

day1probotlk_1630_torn.gif

While everyone has a chance for some of the following, the westernmost part of ND is where the largest hail is expected and central to north-central part of the state is where the strongest straight-line winds are favored. And we're talking those can have 70-80 mph gust fronts.

It's going to be an interesting weather day....

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need the rain, but dang...couldn't we just get something nice and easy?

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought we could just run a few airplanes up into the clouds and ensure no severe weather and everyone gets a nice gentle inch of rain, no?

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Left my camper up by the lake last weekend, thinking we would go up tonight to camp for the weekend. Hopefully the camper survives the night (fingers crossed) and we'll head up tomorrow. Definitely one of those days we all hope the weather just provides up milder than expected winds (which they are usually 100% right) and we just get needed moisture for all our farmers and ranchers. Can't imagine how much damage a baseball to grapefruit size hail stone would cause. If the camper does get damaged, better make it worth while to get a new one. ;:;banghead

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Years like this is why I couldn't survive as a farmer. I'd be a nervous wreck. Time, $$, lots of hard work then 1 big dark cloud rolls in and ruins it all. PHOOEY!!!

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ah yes, it must be so stressful wondering if your checks will come from the elevator and the government or the insurance company and the government ;:;popcorn

Seriously though, sending good vibes to all you folks and all my farming family/friends!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought we could just run a few airplanes up into the clouds and ensure no severe weather and everyone gets a nice gentle inch of rain, no?
Nope. They hit it soon as it crosses into ND from MT and it blows all its water out in a few minutes. I’m 8 miles in from the MT line and it’s usually done by the time it gets here. It has to stop. Watch it happen 95% of the time. Night before last watched several storms hit the state line and watched the planes on flight watch app hit em all and they blew their wad immediately. They couldn’t get back out in time for the last one and we got lots of nice rain from that one. We need to start shooting em down if the county commissioners won’t put an end to it

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, it must be so stressful wondering if your checks will come from the elevator and the government or the insurance company and the government ;:;popcorn

Seriously though, sending good vibes to all you folks and all my farming family/friends!
exactly. No reason to worry at all really.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
As long as it rains I'll be happy. I'd rather skip the tornado or severe hail but I guess the hail is moisture too.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eye look online and see who the state and county board members are and call one up and let him know your thoughts and let us know the response ND atmospheric resource board, they are attached to the SWC website.

- - - Updated - - -

That storm doesn't look like a little dink. Some of us might wish they would have seeded more of this one. China men seed with humongous bottle rockets .

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74