Dive-bomb Silos

R@nger_BO@TS

Honored Member
Is anyone running the Dive bomb honker or mallard silos? If so what are your thoughts on them and are they worth investing in

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got the socks and silos. Other than a few fb mixed in will be all skinnys this year. Wife got me the floaters they make and they are nice also

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah they work great until the ground freezes then can be more of a pain to use. That’s about the only downside. I will transition my spread to all dive bombs if I ever move back to the waterfowl mecca and not bother pulling a trailer again! Set up and pick up is way faster, and the cost of owning a big spread is way cheaper. I would recommend using at least 10-20 dozen minimum.

R@nger_BO@TS

Honored Member
Migrator, do you use their ground punch for getting silos into the ground late in the season if so what do you think of it

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah they work great until the ground freezes then can be more of a pain to use. That’s about the only downside. I will transition my spread to all dive bombs if I ever move back to the waterfowl mecca and not bother pulling a trailer again! Set up and pick up is way faster, and the cost of owning a big spread is way cheaper. I would recommend using at least 10-20 dozen minimum.

Wisconsin?

VoodooShaman

Punch tool sucks. Have had the best luck just trying to "jab" them in. Thick chaff or windrows usually dont freeze as hard or staking in snow works too.

Fisher

They work great even in below zero temps. We just use a rubber hammer and they go right in.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Migrator, do you use their ground punch for getting silos into the ground late in the season if so what do you think of it
No if I’m hunting frozen ground there is usually snow too so I don’t have to worry about it. ND though is a different story in the late season. I find cracks in the ground or alike to wedge the stake into. I have heard using a rubber hammer works but have never tried it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wisconsin?
Definitely ‘Sconsin

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are good with the drawbacks listed. Sticking the stake into a stalk or cracks in the ground is helpful. I have never used a hammer, I pretty much use my Real Geese and punch at that point. Only complaint about is about the fanboy club they have on social media....worse than the Avery Pro Staff days.

I made the switch to silos about 10 years ago and haven't looked back. It really was different then, the FB's were still "the deal". Maybe it was perception, but in areas of high pressure I thought the silos worked better than my old FB spread. But nowadays everyone is going to silos so I wonder if that has changed. I have hunted much less than in the past so no good recent comparisons. Need some birds to actually stay or make it here in the late late season.....

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great, probably going to make a video and put it on the internet. Might even kill something too....dang. ::: #$%^&>

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55