HDS 8 Gen II problem, please help!

Tomsky

I cant figure out how to get rid of this green bar on the top of my sonar. I checked the transducer to make sure it was selected. Fishing mode I am in shallow water. It is on Auto Sensitivity. Noise rejection low, Surface Clarity on High. I cant figure it out. Last year it was fine, this year I get this. Please help if you can.

Attachments

20210615_171019.jpg

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am assuming since you have a gen 2, does it do the same thing on downscan or just on 2d sonar? Have you split screen the 2d sonar/ downscan together? If so does the whole screen do it or just one side? I would try moving your pages around to see if it changes anything. That should be a starting point to try and eliminate causes. Hopefully screen/head is not messed up and it's just a setting.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
what's with the 70 and 80 degree labels at upper left?

are you somehow overlaying the temperature vs time/distance in some sort of hybrid display with sonar?

Is this an "on the water" photo?

- - - Updated - - -

did you maybe pick a goofy color palette?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are either in the wrong sonar setup or your transducer is going bad. What transducer are you using? It looks more like sonar setup, but it’s hard to tell without being there.

Tomsky

The tag on the transducer is a HST/WSBL. Thats what is selected on the installation part. This picture is in my garage, but it is exactly what it shows on the water as well.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'd try a factory reset on the unit. atleast you'd be able to rule out a setting issue.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd try a factory reset on the unit. atleast you'd be able to rule out a setting issue.

Agreed, but make sure it’s a “SOFT” reset or you will lose your waypoints.

- - - Updated - - -

Feb 23, 2011 · #2
HDS 8 soft reset

To do a soft reset, start with the unit off. Press and hold down the pages button and push the power key. Keep holding down the pages button until the map of the U.S. shows up and it's done. This reset will not erase any waypoints or trails you have saved.

Tomsky

Thanks guys, that's what I was leaning to, and seems like sound advice! Everything that I have read says your surface clarity and noise rejection should be on low or off. If I have my surface clarity on low, the whole screen is green. If it is on high, than you see what is on screen as attached above.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys, that's what I was leaning to, and seems like sound advice! Everything that I have read says your surface clarity and noise rejection should be on low or off. If I have my surface clarity on low, the whole screen is green. If it is on high, than you see what is on screen as attached above.

I sent you a PM

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56