Garmin

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Who’s running Garmin for fish finders?, gps? Etc….Mainly top end models is what I’m looking for feed back on, not livescope!
Just interested in how easy they are to run and how well you like them for finding fish as well as side imaging? speed of unit? Any other info is appreciated!

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run a 12" and 10" ultra on my boat. They are the easiest units I have ever used. Their 2d sonar is excellent and the side scan is sevicable. Anyone that tells you it is even comparable to the hummingbird mega had a lot too many bushy tails. Where I fish in MN the fish move daily so I do a lot of driving around scanning areas before dropping a line in the water and it works well to find fish. I also like their bracket system where the unit clips into the bra kit. I have 2 units in my boat on the dash and an extra bracket up front to be able to move either unit. They are all networked together through a network hub.

I have been very happy with them, plus I run livescope. Feel free to dm me if you want to know more.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have the UHD 93sv and it is probably the easiest unit I have ever used. I am a big fan of the downscan sonar as the picture and clarity is very good. The unit also has the maps of the lakes I fish where as my hummingbird doesn’t have the ability with any chip. Taking the unit out of the boat is very quick and you don’t need to unhook any cables. I also bought it to add panoptix once the prices com back to earth! For $600 it was a killer deal!

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Christ, I thought I got a good deal at $854 last winter and i second everything Migrator Man says. Very easy to transition between whatever combo you want to run. Easy to update with Active Captain on your phone as well. I absolutely love the 2D sonar. I think I could use some tips on side vu and clear vu though....

I have the UHD 93sv and it is probably the easiest unit I have ever used. I am a big fan of the downscan sonar as the picture and clarity is very good. The unit also has the maps of the lakes I fish where as my hummingbird doesn’t have the ability with any chip. Taking the unit out of the boat is very quick and you don’t need to unhook any cables. I also bought it to add panoptix once the prices com back to earth! For $600 it was a killer deal!

Trolldeep

I run 2 106 V echo map ultras. Sidevu and down view.
simple to use and came loaded with navionivcs.
My only complaint is they haven come out with a 60” shaft trolling motor.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I left lowrance for garmin due to ease of use and it has been awesome. I’m seeing more and more garmin all the time

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve been running 3 Garmin echomap UHD’s (2 93SV’s & 1 73SV) for about a year now. They are very user friendly and you can find them on really good sales a couple times a year. Touchscreen is very nice if you don’t have it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55