2021 deer draw

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year results were out this same week so soon I would expect then let the bitching begin !

Fishinfool

Founding Member
Founding Member
Results will be out soon. I see my dad's gratis went from "active" to unsuccessful. Did same thing last year before results were posted as he drew a buck tag. I'd guess end of day or tomorrow.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
The draw has been run now they are making sure the people who need tags get them
before releasing results lol . Good luck all

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I should have 4 gratis tags this year. My brother from another mother, my gramp's long lost niece, my 4th cousin twice removed and the foreign exchange student from France we had stay with us.

We plan on pushing all the public land towards our posted up tighter than a witches you know what land first. That way we maximize our baiting/high fenced area and take away from the poor chumps that have no place to hunt.

PS we shoot fawns....especially button bucks.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody know why they would send me three gratis tags?
You haven't heard of the new Gratis Law? You have to give two gratis tags to other people and let them fill them on your land before yours is eligible to be used.

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
You haven't heard of the new Gratis Law? You have to give two gratis tags to other people and let them fill them on your land before yours is eligible to be used.

If you want to really get your gratis tag blood boiling just read how it is implemented for elk gratis.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want to really get your gratis tag blood boiling just read how it is implemented for elk gratis.

i am a landowner and gratis deer tag holder . But the gratis system for elk is a f’n joke . You can hunt anywhere in the unit . Atleast with deer gratis you have to be on your land I know that probably gets abused too but the deer gratis and elk gratis are apples to oranges

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
i am a landowner and gratis deer tag holder . But the gratis system for elk is a f’n joke . You can hunt anywhere in the unit . Atleast with deer gratis you have to be on your land I know that probably gets abused too but the deer gratis and elk gratis are apples to oranges

Back in 1998 my Daughter drew a Elk tag in the Medora area unit, I believe it was E3. The season started the middle of Aug and was only open for 9.5 days. We talked to Landowners North of the park and everyone said the samething when we shoot are Elk we will let people hunt are land. They never let anyone hunt there land. That was the reason landowners got gratis tags every year. I talked to Game and Fish and wardens about them not letting people hunt there and and they said its private property and thats there right.

My Daughter and I stopped at the Game and Fish headquarters and asked about a Ranch that we had seen some bulls on. They told us, dont even waste your time hes nothing but a asshole. The next morning we are setting on the road watching 7 bulls and the landowner pulls up and we start talking to him. Things were a little tense for a few mins, but when the landowner started talking to my daughter you could see his mode change. Now my daughter is 17 yrs old 90 lb blonde hair and talked to him. We went down to the ranch and visited with him for 5 hrs. To make a long story short, she shot her bull a 6x6 full velvet. And no he was not a asshole.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75