Movie shoot in North Dakota

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
This looks like a good show.

A friend of mine is in another movie shot in ND recently. Sanctified. Another western. Looks very good.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.inforum.com/the-vault/6...ve-killed-7-members-of-one-Turtle-Lake-family

- - - Updated - - -

[FONT=&quot]TURTLE LAKE, N.D. — One newspaper in 1920 called the murders the “most revolting and mysterious that have ever been perpetrated in the northwest.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The killing of seven out of eight members of the Jacob and Beata Wolf family, along with their young farmhand, on April 22, 1920, is the worst mass murder in North Dakota history.[/FONT]

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the wife being from Turtle Lake, I've always heard little snippets about this story. I ended up watching a documentary on it a while back. There's a lot of people in town that still believe they got the wrong guy.

https://www.inforum.com/the-vault/6...ve-killed-7-members-of-one-Turtle-Lake-family

- - - Updated - - -

TURTLE LAKE, N.D. — One newspaper in 1920 called the murders the “most revolting and mysterious that have ever been perpetrated in the northwest.”
The killing of seven out of eight members of the Jacob and Beata Wolf family, along with their young farmhand, on April 22, 1920, is the worst mass murder in North Dakota history.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two different stories I think, The event I read about that the movie that the movie plot is based on happened in Schafer or Schaffer ? ND . 10 years ago we thought things were wild in oil country, we are pretty tame these days compared to back then.

- - - Updated - - -

One happened in 1920 and the other in 1930 , The Lynch Mob was in 1930 must be the one the movie is about since they were looking for cars in both 20s and 30s .

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a book about the Turtle Lake family that was murdered in 1920 called "The Murdered Family" by Vernon Keel. I had the book but loaned it out to my brother and some friends.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the wife being from Turtle Lake, I've always heard little snippets about this story. I ended up watching a documentary on it a while back. There's a lot of people in town that still believe they got the wrong guy.

"He always professed his innocence in a very indirect way,” said Kloberdanz. “He said in his German Russian dialect,
“'Die Auge hen sehne, aber die Haende sind saube. My eyes have seen, but my hands are clean.'"

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/t...urder-suggests-he-was-protecting-real-killers

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dad being from Watford told me this story. When I was a kid took me to the bridge that they did the hanging. Can't wait for the movie!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a book about the Turtle Lake family that was murdered in 1920 called "The Murdered Family" by Vernon Keel. I had the book but loaned it out to my brother and some friends.

My friend is visiting here at Metigoshe and brought my book back.

IMG_2854.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76