Bear Spray

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will take a shotgun any day over a handgun. Give me a 12ga 870 wingmaster with 4 buck or BB then slug then 4 buck or BB then slug. I would put a extended mag on it to get 8 or 9 shots. You shoot a bear in the face with 4 buck or BB and there sniffer is gone and maybe blind. Just keep pumping and shooting.

- - - Updated - - -

I would pay money to see you and the dwarf duke it out.

+1 on the shotgun.

I just got back from Alaska. Only saw one shotgun carried compared to many chest carried Ruger and S&W wheel guns.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Shotguns are WAY more cumbersome to carry would be the reason.

Something is better than nothing mentality.

Same thing with your CCW. If it's handy to carry, you're more likely to carry it. It does you no good at home in the gun safe.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shotguns are WAY more cumbersome to carry would be the reason.

Something is better than nothing mentality.

Same thing with your CCW. If it's handy to carry, you're more likely to carry it. It does you no good at home in the gun safe.
Mine is conveniently tucked in the saddle bag of the hog, so iffn shit gets real, I can conveniently pull over, root around through the rest of my stuff, locate said CC, then of course cock it, and boom I am ready for the show

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think a flame thrower would be the ticket on a charging bear. Wouldn't that be a hoot, he comes running at you, and you wait and then light the sumbitch up! :;:rockit

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be hiking and camping in Montana soon and will be bringing some bear spray. Anyone in the Bismarck area have any unused bear spray they would like to sell? That stuff is expensive.
Think about how much you’re spending on gas to get there and then buy a can.

- - - Updated - - -

Some poor gal recently got yoinked out of her tent in the night and killed by a griz before other campers could drive it off with spray.

YEESH.

- - - Updated - - -

They were camping near the Ovando post office too. Double yeesh.

They had food in their tents. Very dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

44 mag works better.
With all due respect, no it f*cking doesn’t 99% of the time. Unless you practice shooting pants-shittingly fast moving targets you didn’t expect to see.

And buying expired used bear spray? That is the cheapskatiest dumb idea I’ve ever heard.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They prefer to be called midgets, try to be more sensitive.

When I was at the regional track meet in Bismarck this yr I seen a bus with the logo Dickinson Midgets on the side.

Yes will go to sensitivity train tomorrow.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ll get made fun of here…but…
living in MT, I won’t hunt or camp anywhere near those dang things. There’s plenty of great deer hunting and elk hunting besides the mountains.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Where I hunted elk in Colorado there were black bear and mountain lion so I packed a 357 mag wheel gun. I stopped into Scheels and asked for ammo to use. I told the salesman what I carried and I said if a bear stuck his head into my tent I dont want him to do it again. He sold me a box of Rem Black Talon. I never had to use them and I still have the full box. They were only made for a few years, nasty looking and I would never want to get hit by something like that. Turns into a spinning disk when it hit flesh. You could get hit in the chest and it could come out the top of your head. They are a collectors item now and I have seen what a box goes for, Crazy prices. LB

Skullet

Established Member
Do what you want, but I think a brand new can is worth it.

Maybe it’s because I’m scared shitless of brown bears….

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think about how much you’re spending on gas to get there and then buy a can.

- - - Updated - - -

They had food in their tents. Very dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

With all due respect, no it f*cking doesn’t 99% of the time. Unless you practice shooting pants-shittingly fast moving targets you didn’t expect to see.

And buying expired used bear spray? That is the cheapskatiest dumb idea I’ve ever heard.

What's with stupid mean people like you? Damn. Can't you just keep your pie hole shut? First, I'm not going to buy used, expired bear spray. I never said that. I want to buy unused, unexpired spray that people have bought and never used. Just because someone bought it and never used it doesn't mean it's crap. What is wrong with you?

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What's with stupid mean people like you? Damn. Can't you just keep your pie hole shut? First, I'm not going to buy used, expired bear spray. I never said that. I want to buy unused, unexpired spray that people have bought and never used. Just because someone bought it and never used it doesn't mean it's crap. What is wrong with you?

In fairness you made it sound like you were trying to save a few bucks on something that in the grand scheme of things is fairly cheap insurance. I just looked on amazon and you can get 2 cans for like 60 bucks. Every year stories come out about people doing stupid stuff in bear country and its upsetting to hear. I think thats where the tough love is coming from. No one is being mean to you.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not even the flame thrower or grenade launcher will work if YOU'RE ASLEEP! Get a DOG! Then the 44 mag or spray, both IMO.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Claymore mines and a trip wire. Of course you may also kill your buddy if he gets up to take a piss in the middle of the night.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
trip wire - i am with you jiffy --- a karelian sleeping at my feet semi auto 12 g and a pistola

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80