CCI Velocitor FYI

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My cheap Marlin bolt gun is incredibly accurate(hunting standard). I hate it's tube fed. I was a retard. It said it was on the pill at Dick's.

From a cold bbl on bags it will group my current inventory of 40grn CCI Standard, Eley Club and Aguila Subsonic into a 10X .30 cal hole at 50yds. Dead balls on. I know the flyer is coming and it drives me mad. I've never fired a mix but would bet money on the result.

Obtained a box of RWS HV/HP(40grn) at advertised 1230fps which produces about an acceptable "penny". No change in elevation or windage: FWIW; CCI Quiet 40grn does a .45 cal hole at 50 but 6in low.

Very excited to get 50rds of CCI Velocitor: (40grn/1435fps advertised: Report and "recoil" is "significant" compared to above rds). I liked the idea of more "punch" and hoped to obtain similar results as the above RWS HV: No.

3 freaking inches high and 2in left in a quarter.
Shit.

I'm NOT adjusting the scope in favor of these rds.

I haven't scrubbed the bbl in 15 or so years and may try another group IF I decide to clean. I doubt cleaning will correct 3in high/2in left. The above RWS is a rare incidence of copper through the rifling. Stingers provided shitty groups when I first bought the tube fed tack driver. It's essentially now a single shot rifle.

That is all.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like accurate 22s. It must not be a 50 with microgroove bbl if it's tube fed , or is it ? I have a cheap marlin bolt model 50 w/ a clip that will shoot alongside my Anschutz and my 540 XR all day long once you get the hang of the shitty trigger.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^^^It's micro. I believe it's a 721. Very aggravated I got a tube feed. Beyond dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

I replaced the trigger spring with a ballpoint pen spring many years ago and made it semi-wonderful. U-tube vids say I'm queer and ignorant.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It doesn't matter much to me what highway the brass takes as long as the lead finds the trail to the 10 ring

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a Marlin in 22mag tube feed that will head shoot gophers at 75 yards. Its my go-to varmit gun and it does have the micro-groove barrel. LB

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually prefer tube-fed 22's. I have a bunch of them.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^It's micro. I believe it's a 721. Very aggravated I got a tube feed. Beyond dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

I replaced the trigger spring with a ballpoint pen spring many years ago and made it semi-wonderful. U-tube vids say I'm queer and ignorant.
I don't know about the ignorant part

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pondering upon these rds and this thread. Point being: If you don't roll your own; lot #'s MUST remain the same and the first shot will always exit a bbl of ambient temp.

The importance of this becomes more prominent as the vital zone decreases and increase in range.

A centerfire sporter bbl will not have the same POI at 20F in WY as 75F when "zeroed" in PA; especially when getting "50 cent piece" groups at 100yds without the bbl being allowed to return to "true cold".

A miss should be absolutely be attributed to the shooter. Rimrire precision is more fleeting due to priming and machinery...Always in the back of your mind: "This rd could miss a squirrel's head at 50."

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a Marlin in 22mag tube feed that will head shoot gophers at 75 yards. Its my go-to varmit gun and it does have the micro-groove barrel. LB

I bought the same rifle in '76 (actually bought it twice). When fox were high priced it paid for all of our furniture in the house.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I bought the same rifle in '76 (actually bought it twice). When fox were high priced it paid for all of our furniture in the house.
Thats about the same time I bought mine. Put a 4X scope on it and sling. Carried a 12ga with #2 shot and slung the mag. Many a fox met the fur man and cash was good.LB

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d take a tube from Marlin or Rem any say over their “clips”.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I find the tube ungainly with dropped rds in the grass and potential for more "danger" due to a "hidden" rd after plunger is removed. Not a huge issue and the rifle shoots incredible for the price. Never load more than 3 rds which furthers my preference to a mag.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75