Big Tournament Bag at DL

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still some big girls on Devils Lake!! This was during the Devils Lake AYA tournament on Saturday. Congratulations to all the young anglers.
Sounds like a lot of fish were caught. FB_IMG_1626183072633.jpg

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
as still as the yammy boat was - i am going to bet slip bobbers in creel. From the looks of it they were locked on a spot.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jiggin raps or slip bobbers . Rock pile just north of east bay camp ground . Same place lots of tourneys are won .

- - - Updated - - -

Usually I would never name a place on internet but if it hasn’t got over fished by now in that spot it’s not possible it’s definitely no secret

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jiggin raps or slip bobbers . Rock pile just north of east bay camp ground . Same place lots of tourneys are won .

- - - Updated - - -

Usually I would never name a place on internet but if it hasn’t got over fished by now in that spot it’s not possible it’s definitely no secret

Wrong, the tournament launched out of Lakewood Landing and you could not go under any bridges.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_1080.jpg

Here's a photo of the winning team with that catch! Pretty cool it happened in a kids tourney as well.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wrong, the tournament launched out of Lakewood Landing and you could not go under any bridges.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 60369

Here's a photo of the winning team with that catch! Pretty cool it happened in a kids tourney as well.
Hmmmm... ok well then I heard wrong . Nonetheless a great job by the youngsters

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couldn’t have happened to a better team. Spencer routinely puts on kids fishing clinics at many of the bigger events up here and is always quick to share what he knows with up and coming anglers. He’s paid his dues many times over and it was great to see. That’s a limit of fish most of us will never see in a lifetime, much less to pull that off during a tournament for kids!! Nice work - karma works both ways ?!?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
did you see video or were you in the area?

I was on the lake just a few clicks north fishing spot. Yammy stickered boat stayed on that spot all day. It's the same spot the chamber was won two years ago.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm so happy to see a kids tournament and even more happy that they kicked butt. I think we've been brainwashed into letting others tell us what fish are OK for us to keep , mostly so we be sure to save the bigger fish for the tournament boys to catch , keep and kill for bragging rights and not even eat them in some cases.

Ok , before ya jump me I realize that was sort of over the top and then again , sort of not. I'll continue to be a puppet as long as they have kids tournaments. Makes a guy feel better about it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bet those tasted great. Some real nice eaters there...

There is endless stuff you can can cook with those and taste great. Bet it tastes better than the mouth full of jealousy you have right now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 57