Camping with Dogs

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most of the dogs that bark are little ankle biters. No use for that type of dog. If everyone owned a shorthair life would be great. #1 a shorthair loves to go in the boat. #2 if you leave a shorthair in your trailer alone - expect not to have much left of your couch, bed and whatever else he can fk up. He wont back he will be to busy having fun wrecking your shit

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about your neighbors dog's shitting and pissing in your yard? Pisses me off. I dont let my dog take a deuce in your fresh cut grass.....maybe I should? :;:howdy

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
A barking dog SUCKS!
I have taught all ,my dogs not to.
Squeeze lemon bulb in the mouth. EVERY SINGLE time!!
For those that have neighbors that have barking dogs and won't do anything to curb It,
A few days of blasting gospel music may do the trick.;:;bowdown

Playing Morbid Angel would have a similar effect.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most of the dogs that bark are little ankle biters. No use for that type of dog. If everyone owned a shorthair life would be great. #1 a shorthair loves to go in the boat. #2 if you leave a shorthair in your trailer alone - expect not to have much left of your couch, bed and whatever else he can fk up. He wont back he will be to busy having fun wrecking your shit

If every one owned a shorthairs the fields and sloughs would be littered with birds they won’t pick up.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about your neighbors dog's shitting and pissing in your yard? Pisses me off. I dont let my dog take a deuce in your fresh cut grass.....maybe I should? :;:howdy

Haha, Thanks for reminding me something I need to tell my boy sometime for a good chuckle. I had fun one day being a bad grandpa , My boy had a next door neighbor who would let his big old mutt out and watch it crap in my boys yard. This was in a nice neighborhood where everyone had nicely groomed yards except for this neighbor. It was a big dog and got to be quite the mess in my boys yard so he politely asked the neighbor to try and do something about it.

The request fell on deaf ears and my boy didn't want to press the issue and start something so when I was there one time and my boy was at work the neighbor let the dog out to crap and I grabbed my boys hockey stick and started shooting wrist shots with turds, landing as many as I could on the neighbors driveway.

The neighbor was in the garage having a smoke and peeking around the corner watching me thinking I didn't see him so I moved out closer to the curb and started shooting some in the garage thinking he would come out and try chewing my ass but he closed the garage door.

He was so lazy he didn't even pick them up off his driveway, he just drove over them and made a big mess. I never did tell my boy what I did but I asked him a month or so later if he ever got to the bottom of it and he said yes, the neighbor started putting the dog on a leash and leading the dog down the street away from my boys place and letting him crap next to the sidewalk.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree its not the dogs fault its the owners.
Now days the way people get pissed when you talk/tell them something that they don't like to hear you stand a chance of being shot, stabbed or beaten up or they mess with the stuff you own.
When camping go talk to the park ranger or campground manager about the dog barking. If nothing is done talk to someone at the state or county level that nothing was done.
When a neighbors dog is barking all the time, call the police and let them take care of it. If that doesn't work go to the city counsel member for you district. Every city has ordinances for dogs that bark.

My neighbor across the street had a white medium sided yapper that they tied up in the front yard for hours on end and the dog would bark at anything and everything. After the police knocked on the door the third time, the dog was never put in the front yard again.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't want to teach my dog to NEVER bark. I rely on it to wake me up if shits happening in the middle of the night.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha, Thanks for reminding me something I need to tell my boy sometime for a good chuckle. I had fun one day being a bad grandpa , My boy had a next door neighbor who would let his big old mutt out and watch it crap in my boys yard. This was in a nice neighborhood where everyone had nicely groomed yards except for this neighbor. It was a big dog and got to be quite the mess in my boys yard so he politely asked the neighbor to try and do something about it.

The request fell on deaf ears and my boy didn't want to press the issue and start something so when I was there one time and my boy was at work the neighbor let the dog out to crap and I grabbed my boys hockey stick and started shooting wrist shots with turds, landing as many as I could on the neighbors driveway.

The neighbor was in the garage having a smoke and peeking around the corner watching me thinking I didn't see him so I moved out closer to the curb and started shooting some in the garage thinking he would come out and try chewing my ass but he closed the garage door.

He was so lazy he didn't even pick them up off his driveway, he just drove over them and made a big mess. I never did tell my boy what I did but I asked him a month or so later if he ever got to the bottom of it and he said yes, the neighbor started putting the dog on a leash and leading the dog down the street away from my boys place and letting him crap next to the sidewalk.

I wish I were in a lawn chair across the street watching this happen!

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't want to teach my dog to NEVER bark. I rely on it to wake me up if shits happening in the middle of the night.
Occasional barking is all fine and dandy; constant barking is a whole different story. Crate training as a pup is good mmmmk. (Too many owners treat them as prisons instead of sanctuaries; as they're meant to be.)
Puppies probably shouldn't be allowed in any apartments and/ or conjoined twinhomes/townhouses I must say. The variables go for days when it comes to being a dog owner though, all comes down to common sense and respect for those around you in the end.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was a "neighbor" who let their cat out to go do their cat thing. Bad part is the cat kept showing up to shit in my kids' sandbox, even after I built a lid for it.

Finally caught that damn cat in my garage one day and I put on the welding gloves.

Then I spray painted a bullseye on the damn thing.

Never saw it again.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, constant barking is not the same ballpark. Many people know the value of a good dog. Waking owners up at night and scaring off intruders is real. About the only good I can see out of an ankle biter. I guess they could help with rodents too.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

I've had GSPs for the past 20 yrs. You can teach them easily to STFU, but they will still alarm in the wee hours if something is amiss. Love my GSPs.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Royce is convinced the big brown UPS truck is the Devil and barks at it like it’s there to take us to hell.

Every. Time.

And big round bales. Every. Time.

At least he’s consistent.

- - - Updated - - -

And cats. Man do they piss the old coot off something terrible.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Royce is convinced the big brown UPS truck is the Devil and barks at it like it’s there to take us to hell.

Every. Time.

And big round bales. Every. Time.

At least he’s consistent.

- - - Updated - - -

And cats. Man do they piss the old coot off something terrible.

My dog is exact opposite, if UPS truck drives by without stopping and giving her a treat she wants to chase it down.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need more pics of Royce GWF!

CF8E6360-8D1B-46B2-9AE4-EDDDE927E963.jpg

Royce in full winter plumage.

- - - Updated - - -

B03D2494-DA76-4D79-A1FB-1F5DF3EDDFB1.jpg

When Royce is really tired you can tell - he does the calf roper.

He’s nine, so it’s happening more often. Gonna be hard watching the slow decline. Sorta like looking in the mirror.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was a "neighbor" who let their cat out to go do their cat thing. Bad part is the cat kept showing up to shit in my kids' sandbox, even after I built a lid for it.

Finally caught that damn cat in my garage one day and I put on the welding gloves.

Then I spray painted a bullseye on the damn thing.

Never saw it again.

we have a cat problem at my wife’s daycare. Health inspectors don’t look kindly on cat shit in sand box or any where for that matter. I have talked to neighbors and they say the cats have to go out at night. No they don’t and if so keep them on a leash in your yard. Needless to say some farmers have new cats and a few have taken a trip to the train station( I really don’t like that trip). Not going to make my problem some one else’s so I don’t know if another way to do it. City has told me to take what ever precautions I have to

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurt,
It's a bad deal when the pet owners don't give a rat's ass about their pets or take responsibility for them.
I agree on if the problem keeps happening, you have to get rid of the problem.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've dealt with cocksucker neighbors that have 3 dogs that bark at leaves blowing, they live across the street so 40 yards from my living room, if they're bugging the shit out of me from that far away and the f'n dogs are 4 feet from their front door the only thing that satisfies the description of my neighbors is the word fucktard. I absolutely can't stand it so I spent 150 bucks on a little contraption that sends those dogs into orbit every time they bark, it's beautiful. When I get really pissed I fire up the old Stihl weed eater and run her wide open for a while, nothing to cut just edging the sidewalk and setting off the ultrasonic machine. They don't even know, I put it way up in a tree with my bucket truck, people with dogs that bark at themselves and everything else are either stupid as hell or ignorant, neither is an excuse.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I truly can't see any reason to have a barking dog other then a hu nting hound.

I have to put in aicture window for a lady in the next couple weeks.
She raises so e ki da poodle looking pieces of shit.
They all bark nonstop.
She has had CLEAR instructions that everyone of them will be confined away from me when installing window.
Actually I'd like to drop kick em all.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77