Deer Tags

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
And we're supposed to just trust that the lottery is fair too when the same people seem to draw every year while someone else goes 5 straight without drawing........:;:stirthepot

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
tenor.png

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard they are letting people that got two tags actually harvest two animals

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard they are letting people that got two tags actually harvest two animals

I'm not sure that isn't the only solution at this point. I can already see the fiasco of trying to determine who got 2. What I figure will happen is guys will now take a smaller buck just for the meat, and then use the 2nd tag to keep hunting for a trophy. May or may not get used depending on the honesty of the hunter. If you get two doe tags, same thing. Guys will take one right away and then use the other to keep the season alive. IF they tell everyone to use any tag sent to you, then I guess there will be more hours spent hunting this year, along with more deer harvested.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Come on guys, think of 50 people you know who get deer tags and seriously ask yourself if they’re the kind of person that would shoot 2 deer knowing it’s wrong. I could maybe think of a couple people that would doubled up, but they’re also the type of people that could care less how many tags they have. And I’m sure I could list hundreds of people that deer hunt - and I used to run in a pretty rough crowd.

Maybe I’m naive, but I think ND is a place with above average integrity and on top of that the hunting community has proven to be a group of folks with above average integrity. I’m sure NDGF is just taking full inventory on how large the screw up is and then there will be damage control to follow. Whether that’s a simple announcement about voiding one of the tags or if they have record of who got double ups and require one to be returned. The impact on actual deer numbers will likely be negligible.

For anyone who got a double tag, are the tag #s identical? They can use those numbers to track the hunter and vice versa. It’s a bit more of a complicated system than people are portraying here.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Schmaltzy asked: For anyone who got a double tag, are the tag #s identical?

Yup....identical to the "T". ;:;popcorn

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well shit, no wonder I didn't get a tag this year. :( People that drew are getting 2, ;:;banghead ;:;rofl ;:;boozer
with the shit show we have this wouldn’t even surprise me

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. And no emails from the NDGF yet addressing this issue?

Yikes.
I’m sure it’s with the notifications to everyone on the electronic posting. What a shit show the game and fish has become. Good thing steinwand is retiring I guess

- - - Updated - - -

This is totally unbelievable. No way in hell they know who has two tags. They can’t even walk and chew gum at the same time. They’re just like the FBI

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
a simple but probably expensive solution is to issue new tags but with a different color then ever used and only this color tag is legal for the year. The system would have the needed info to reissue a different tag and accompanying letter. I would rather see new tags issued than see how many are honest enough to do the right thing. I don't doubt WJS theory but a real fix to the problem. The way the drought is at this time they may have extra time to issue the tags if we don't get some real moisture in the next couple months

lazyMlazyK

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone else NOT received their tag(s) yet? G&F says I drew a tag, but haven’t received it in the mail yet. I’ve bought the general habitat license already too.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just have a slight inkling there's guna be a few more self-butchered deer this year more than most.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Has anyone else NOT received their tag(s) yet? G&F says I drew a tag, but haven’t received it in the mail yet. I’ve bought the general habitat license already too.
Same here, have not received squat so far, LB

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
IF they can determine who got 2 and IF it’s a manageable number, they COULD send those folks a self-addressed, stamped envelope requesting they return one of them. Could check them off the list as they come back in and follow up with those that don’t comply.

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
If people are going to be out hunting with 2 tags, then guys with 0 tags may as well be out driving around as well....:cool:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75