Deer Tags

Whitetail56

Lol its the NDGF… mistakes can happen but they will make excuses and play the blame game same as when they fail audits. The late antelope apps are yet another example of the continuous mediocrity coming from Bismarck. They can do much better if they try.
anyone heard what there going to do to fix the problem there keeping it pretty hush hush what's going on .no tag in the mail yet for me or the wife.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nd gf is special . Antelope app deadline is next Wednesday and apps aren’t out yet

not quite next Wednesday but if you look says deadline date tentative. I believe that means can be moved, cut from G&F site
Lottery Deadline: Wed, 08/11/2021 Lottery Deadline Date Status: Tentative

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kind of funny how we all rail against the NDGF on this. Given we are a Republican dominated state government, anyone ever give the slightest thought that this may be a contractor error?

As in, I am reasonably sure the NDGF doesn't have the printing presses or envelope stuffing machines. Rather, they contract it out.

So that would suggest it is the contractor who most likely had the glitch. And last time I checked, those are all for-profit companies and their employees.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
More excuses for the NDGF. I ordered tags from Alaska and had them in one week. The NDGF culture is one of disorganization. You can tell a lot just by how they park equipment in the lot and maintain donated land, cleaning stations, and equipment. It’s truly half assed. If you can’t manage it you shouldn’t be running it.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drew a Mule Deer Buck tag with 1 pref point and the tag is in my drawer. Just pissed I only got one copy.:;:

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife and I finally receied our antlerless muley tags yesterday. Only one for each of us... kinda disappointed, was really looking forward to trying out a new tag soup recipe with the second one...

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read this thread and...
You whiners from ND are damn lucky you live where you do.

Quit bitchn about the opportunities you have.
Overall the best or the best!!

Honored Member
More excuses for the NDGF. I ordered tags from Alaska and had them in one week. The NDGF culture is one of disorganization. You can tell a lot just by how they park equipment in the lot and maintain donated land, cleaning stations, and equipment. It’s truly half assed. If you can’t manage it you shouldn’t be running it.

Your a fucking idiot! Do you have a better way of doing shit? Do you know what funds they have to work with to keep shit kept up?

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read this thread and...
You whiners from ND are damn lucky you live where you do.

Quit bitchn about the opportunities you have.
Overall the best or the best!!

The people of ND know they’re better than the people from the people’s republic of Minnesota. Apparently our government officials don’t though. If we want higher taxes, more laws, terrible government and the opportunity to burn our communities down, we know where to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Your a fucking idiot! Do you have a better way of doing shit? Do you know what funds they have to work with to keep shit kept up?

money and pride aren’t the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with today is that some can’t tell the difference

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

I am not sure if I am more amazed at the ignorance of how our state works, or if I am disappointed. It really is at a minimum enlightening.

- - - Updated - - -

Note, I work for neither the State or the contractor.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol ! We have some language !! I love this state but I don’t love how game and fish departments overall have become politicized and focused on growth in sales. You can allocate more money but it will never be enough. It’s a money game these days and it has industrialized sport fishing and hunting. Just look at all the equipment that is bought and sold by state and federal agencies and the fees. They will nickel and dime ya all the way to Texas lol. Actually ND is one of the best left but that is vanishing quick with the rhetorical narratives passing through the agency. That’s all I gots to say about that…

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nd gf is special . Antelope app deadline is next Wednesday and apps aren’t out yet

not quite next Wednesday but if you look says deadline date tentative. I believe that means can be moved, cut from G&F site
Lottery Deadline: Wed, 08/11/2021 Lottery Deadline Date Status: Tentative

Dukgnfsn,

Looks like you can go online now and complete the application for Antelope. I have a heard time believing their estimate of population down 8%. I've seen more Antelope this year than I can remember. I have seen a pretty nice buck several times this summer just East of Riverdale near the Coleharbor turn. He has a pretty decent curl.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Alaska had their draw results posted in February. Results came out 2+ months after the deadline and tags were sent last week for hunts that start in 10 days. I didn’t see a single person on the AK hunting forum complain through the whole process. Here we’ve had people crying because results weren’t posted within 2 weeks of the deadline and are acting like the world will end because they don’t yet have a tag for a hunt that’s 3.5 months away. Buying any tag other than a draw tag is akin to buying a pheasant license in ND. I work for the AK government and I can assure you that the unionized AK state government is 5x less efficient than ND.

As others have pointed out, this is most likely the result of what happens when you’re forced to go with the lowest bidder.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come on guys, think of 50 people you know who get deer tags and seriously ask yourself if they’re the kind of person that would shoot 2 deer knowing it’s wrong. I could maybe think of a couple people that would doubled up, but they’re also the type of people that could care less how many tags they have. And I’m sure I could list hundreds of people that deer hunt - and I used to run in a pretty rough crowd.

Maybe I’m naive, but I think ND is a place with above average integrity and on top of that the hunting community has proven to be a group of folks with above average integrity. I’m sure NDGF is just taking full inventory on how large the screw up is and then there will be damage control to follow. Whether that’s a simple announcement about voiding one of the tags or if they have record of who got double ups and require one to be returned. The impact on actual deer numbers will likely be negligible.

For anyone who got a double tag, are the tag #s identical? They can use those numbers to track the hunter and vice versa. It’s a bit more of a complicated system than people are portraying here.

Remember some of these people are the same ones that cheat in fishing tournaments

- - - Updated - - -

You, sir, are naive! There will be hundreds that will go out with the tag and harvest ONE deer on Saturday. Then go back out on Sunday and harvest their second deer. Any game warden comes by, the hunter only has one carcass and is free to go. Why would there be any inkling that possession would be higher in the backyard shop?

G&F says it was only certain letters of the alphabet that printed before they caught the mistake. I guess letters L, M, & N?!?!? about 9,000 tags were duplicated. I cannot fathom why the G&F would send each recipient a self-addressed stamped envelope requesting the tag return since they already know which licenses were affected.

Between the voting machines being botched, now we add these mistakes. How well do machines really work?

The 2 guys I know personally with 2 tags both last names start with N but mine starts with M and I only received 1 tag

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well shit again. Thought I would have a chance to get a tag................but NO ;;;;;;;......... the daughter got her tag in the mail today but there was only 1 in the envelope. :mad:......;:;rofl

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
In 2018 they had troubles with bow tags not showing up. I didn’t have a tag for opener and what a mess it was to get re-issued a tag. Had to meet with a game warden who questioned me like I was doing something illegal. The NDGf blamed their tag printer. Like I said before the NDGF can do better but why would they when you guys kiss their ass?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75