Deer Tags

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
What?? an error occurred?? No way! There are also ppl that believe that all election ballots are legit so there is that also.;:;banghead

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet all the gratis tags have been sent
Nope usually mid august . I got called last week warden did a check on my land all was good . My gratis tag online went from pending to approved yesterday so guessing in next few weeks it will come

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come on guys, think of 50 people you know who get deer tags and seriously ask yourself if they’re the kind of person that would shoot 2 deer knowing it’s wrong. I could maybe think of a couple people that would doubled up, but they’re also the type of people that could care less how many tags they have. And I’m sure I could list hundreds of people that deer hunt - and I used to run in a pretty rough crowd.

You, sir, are naive! There will be hundreds that will go out with the tag and harvest ONE deer on Saturday. Then go back out on Sunday and harvest their second deer. Any game warden comes by, the hunter only has one carcass and is free to go. Why would there be any inkling that possession would be higher in the backyard shop?

G&F says it was only certain letters of the alphabet that printed before they caught the mistake. I guess letters L, M, & N?!?!? about 9,000 tags were duplicated. I cannot fathom why the G&F would send each recipient a self-addressed stamped envelope requesting the tag return since they already know which licenses were affected.

Between the voting machines being botched, now we add these mistakes. How well do machines really work?

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
My last name starts with D. I received just the one tag the website says I drew. The end.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My last name starts with M and my first name starts with L. Does that mean I should have gotten 3 tags?

I ONLY GOT ONE!! I'M ENTITLED DAMN IT!!!

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You, sir, are naive! There will be hundreds that will go out with the tag and harvest ONE deer on Saturday. Then go back out on Sunday and harvest their second deer. Any game warden comes by, the hunter only has one carcass and is free to go. Why would there be any inkling that possession would be higher in the backyard shop?

G&F says it was only certain letters of the alphabet that printed before they caught the mistake. I guess letters L, M, & N?!?!? about 9,000 tags were duplicated. I cannot fathom why the G&F would send each recipient a self-addressed stamped envelope requesting the tag return since they already know which licenses were affected.

Between the voting machines being botched, now we add these mistakes. How well do machines really work?

MOTHER OF GOD! HUNDREDS OF DEER OUR OF 130,000 STATEWIDE!?!?! HURRY, SOMEONE SUBMIT A PROPOSAL NOW TO CUT 2022 TAGS NUMBERS IN HALF!!!

I never said people wouldn’t do it. Hundreds of people out of 70,000k tag holders is in line with the number I suggested when I could think of maybe 1-2 out of a hundred that would MAYBE try to pull something like this off. I bet the number of deer poached annually is in the hundreds with likely considerable overlap of guys willing to fill two tags knowing it’s against the law. Of course there will be bad actors. Of course NDGF made a huge, bone headed, and preventable mistake. But the point I’m getting to is that people are acting like this mistake will carry catastrophic generation implications on deer numbers. And that is laughable. Especially if they’re only shooting bucks.

edit: only 9,000 tags were duplicated and they know who? If 2% of those people (extremely unlikely) double up that’s 180 deer. And they will know which folks didn’t turn in a tag. Don’t think I would risk it especially knowing eyes are on me. Hold NDGF accountable and demand an explanation, but I think we can logically move past the deerpocolypse stuff.

Last edited:

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
My last name starts with M, no tag or tags received yet. I think there is plenty of time for them to fix it. I'm just not going to worry about it, and see what happens in the next few weeks.

Whitetail56

Has anyone else NOT received their tag(s) yet? G&F says I drew a tag, but haven’t received it in the mail yet. I’ve bought the general habitat license already too.

Neither me or my wife have got our tags in the mail yet kind of strange hopefully we get them

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Are some of you still waiting for tags? I haven't seen any yet, but am guessing maybe they just took a step back to make sure they've got things straightened out before they send out any more...

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
My last name starts with an upside down M and no one in my house has gotten theirs yet.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol its the NDGF… mistakes can happen but they will make excuses and play the blame game same as when they fail audits. The late antelope apps are yet another example of the continuous mediocrity coming from Bismarck. They can do much better if they try.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nd gf is special . Antelope app deadline is next Wednesday and apps aren’t out yet

- - - Updated - - -

Too busy eating cake from Terry’s party

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84