lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
:;:exactlygoywhoiswisebeyondshisyears

- - - Updated - - -

Was her pressure life or death?

I'll answer it for you....no.

Don't tell me it was too much.

She needs to suck it up and cut out the drama. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

And the funny part is none of it really matters...AT ALL!!

Too much pressure....yeah ok.
one word coddling
do you thing the Russians and the Chinese gymnast are coddled

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So this thread went from "I'm not watching the olympics, those athletes don't care about our country...etc" to "How dare someone quit the olympics (that i'm "not" watching). There sure are a lot of open minded christians on here that are casting stones at someone's situation that they know nothing about.

Yes I get that someone else could have taken her place if she wasn't mentally prepared but we don't know what happened. That girl had the weight of the country on her shoulders, everybody expected her to take the gold in all her events. That's a lot of pressure. People breakdown mentally all the time at no fault of their own. Also in case you didn't realize, the judges were adjusting her scores because she is so much better than everyone else. They basically wanted a more level playing field for the other competitors. That has to knock you down mentally as well.

We don't need to celebrate that she quit but we don't need to criticize her either.

We do need to criticize her, as she just took it to the alter and decided to run. Not cool.

The world could give a shit about some American gymnast, it only matters to her, the team she completely let down, her couches that she also completely let down, and about 1,000,000 fans that will disappear as soon as the Olympics is over.

Complete waste of her time, her teams time, her coaches/trainers/janitors time. Her coaches should not be coaching Olympians either if they cant get her to get excited and do what she has spent her life training to do.

I am speaking just to my nodakangler friends, not to her, or the general public, so I am by no means bulling her, or any of that nonsense. Just stating what she is doing is pure BS. Easier to quit than loose.

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree JR, she completely let her team down and she was in a team event Period! You went to the Olympics, then compete and do the best you can and if that is finishing last, then so be it. You tried and tried your best. You don't quit when things aren't going your way or you feel stressed out. This is a damn poor excuse.
This just reeks of it is all about me. Bullshit, these young whipper snappers are whimps from the get go, this coddling needs to stop and stop now. By her going to the Olympics she kept someone else from going that wanted to compete. How do you think they feel right now knowing this girl went and then failed to compete?
People like this won't be able to handle life's difficulties at all. Suck it up buttercup!

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
E66FF8D0-7C94-417D-B97A-EEB8E5102DA2.jpg
Swimsuit eating competition.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
We do need to criticize her, as she just took it to the alter and decided to run. Not cool.

The world could give a shit about some American gymnast, it only matters to her, the team she completely let down, her couches that she also completely let down, and about 1,000,000 fans that will disappear as soon as the Olympics is over.

Complete waste of her time, her teams time, her couches/trainers/janitors time. Her couches should not be couching Olympians either if they cant get her to get excited and do what she has spent her life training to do.

I am speaking just to my nodakangler friends, not to her, or the general public, so I am by no means bulling her, or any of that nonsense. Just stating what she is doing is pure BS. Easier to quit than loose.
How many couches does she have?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel bad for the athletes that are there representing their country in a respectful manner, I just wish they would stand up to the squeaky wheels that are pissing the populace off. I hear from some people that us that aren’t watching the nfl,nba,olympics etc just like free speech when it suits us. To that I say bs. Companies have been dictating to employees how they are able to use their “free speech” for years to allow for their company to not be taken down by their employees points of view. I don’t know when or how all these entertainers and athletes got the idea anyone needs to be exposed to their crappy opinions while they are “working” just because they feel self important. If speaking their mind is more important than keeping viewers then more power to em but I’ll just continue to tune out. Especially for the athletes that are doing it while they represent the USA.

My view is that they are simply doing a job. Regardless of pay, their job takes them to a place of some influence (right or wrong). I feel they need to do their job and leave all the rest out of it. Go kick butt for America, stand on that podium with the flag being raised, and honor that. Leave the rest of the BS, political or whatever, for somewhere else (and I don't care what side you're on). I disagree with you in the fact that the "good" athletes should not be working on the "squeaky wheels". Both need to STFU and do their jobs as outlined above. Want to get on social media and blab about whatever after the Olympics? Go for it. But do your job when you're there, #1, for the USA.

On Biles, I can't say what it would be like to be the best in the world at something. And, to be highlighted, for one week, every four years as the best. I am sure there are challenges there. And I have no idea if I wasn't in a good state that I'd want to be flipping and putting my body at serious risk. But I agree you've got to either step up or not go and let someone else try to step up. It's not a lot different than Naomi Osaka bowing out of Wimbeldon (I think?) because she would not do post match interviews because it was too hard on her mental health. Serena Williams was asked about this and she basically said yeah, the media beats you up horribly. But you suck it up and do it as it is part of things. It comes down to grit and we're seeing it slowly but surely disappear. When things get hard you put your head down and make it through. She faced immeasurable pressure but failing and finishing 15th would have been better than this in my opinion.

FlatTopPete

Established Member
How long until the media spins the Simone Biles drama into something race related? Too much pressure on an African American woman or she was being called racial slurs or something along that line….

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Meh, I'd have given her some emergency whiskey. She would have thought she could do it all and then punch out the coaches for looking at her funny.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Meh, I'd have given her some emergency whiskey. She would have thought she do it all and then punch out the coaches for looking at her funny.

that is as American as i gets right there. On the podium crack a couple Budweiser and stone cold those mother fers

200.gif

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been watching boxing sessions, and finding them very entertaining. Too bad America hasn't got a better team.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
note to self

Put emergency rum flask in all boats, SxS, and truck.
This concept has slipped you all these years?

I keep a side arm, and a touch of fireball in all vehicles, one never knows, then it might be too late.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
LOL, looks like china has a grove of ugly tree's....with lot's of branches.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77