retail ammo supply~

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is finally trickling in to our retail stores,local sport shop called me yesterday as I've been on a waiting list for .22 cal long rifle quiet loads (CCI) since last fall,holy sheep shit,not shy on price,$8.75/box(50 count) beggers can't be chooser's....they also were stocking some off brand 12ga target loads,$15/box f that,guess the days of trap shooting and $3/box are long gone,nothing on the shelves for our upcoming early goose season either,glad I stocked up couple years ago,this new company (outdoor adventure)buying up all of our ammo companies is putting a damper on our fun these days on pull the trigger sports.nothing coming in for reloading componets yet either in my area,what are you guyz seeing? thought scheels might have some ammo by now?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
seems to me like this is how "they" are going to control guns and hunting - by strangling the supply of ammo

Also - canning lids. WTF. This nation can't produce canning lids to meet demand? You know... those high tech lids. Maybe it's a lack of microprocessors from China??

Seems awfully damn curious. It's not like they're being handcrafted lid by lid FFS.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Seeing a lot more .223 and 9mm in stores to the point that a guy sees some everyday.

Hunting loads are coming in good too but still get bought up right away.

Reloading components are pretty easy to find if you are not too picky.

22 ammo in bricks is pretty rare still but if you find it it’s $40, unless you get lucky at Walmart

Trap loads are almost still impossible to find and at decent prices. Walmart still sells them for $6 a box. Steel loads can be hard to find too.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Seeing a lot more .223 and 9mm in stores to the point that a guy sees some everyday.

Hunting loads are coming in good too but still get bought up right away.

Reloading components are pretty easy to find if you are not too picky.

22 ammo in bricks is pretty rare still but if you find it it’s $40, unless you get lucky at Walmart

Trap loads are almost still impossible to find and at decent prices. Walmart still sells them for $6 a box. Steel loads can be hard to find too.

Primers are still rally hard to find. Especially large rifle magnum

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't you guys heard? The only reason that ammo isn't stacked to the ceiling is because some greedy people keep hoarding it for the last 18 months. At least thats what they keep telling me, theres no way it could be because of anything else.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
They like to blame it on hoarders so we blame each other. Also there is a difference between hoarding and keeping well supplied when things are plentiful. How long has it been since you have seen primers for $7 per 1000? 20210723_134309.jpg Unfortunately I only have about 150 left.

Huntin1

Established Member
A contact I have at Hornady told me that they and the other manufacturers were operating at 2/3rds or less capacity for most of last year and the first month or so of this year. They are bringing things back up to capacity now, but it will take a while to get restocked. I guess it makes sense.

Well, that and all you hoarders with 1000's of rounds of ammo on hand. Sure wish I had some. :cool:

Prairieghost, I may have some of those laying around if you need some. I'll check and let you know.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
No pheasant ammo at all anywhere. Good thing I stocked up big time the last few years

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Picked up some target ammo at less than pre pandemic prices this last week. It's coming back, just have to be in the right place at the right time. Closets of ammo must be full for most folks.....LOL!

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been seeing a ton of .223 and 9mm ammo on the shelves every day. Maybe this craze is about over!

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Scheels in Fargo had a ton of 9mm Sunday. Could buy cases. About 2.5 times what it should be, though. $25/50 rds, $450 for case of 1000.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No pheasant ammo at all anywhere. Good thing I stocked up big time the last few years

Scheels in Bismarck had a shit ton of pheasant loads on Saturday like a couple pallets. I found a case of 3 inch 2 shot black cloud hid on an end rack so I should be good for waterfowl this year.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scheels in Bismarck had a shit ton of pheasant loads on Saturday like a couple pallets. I found a case of 3 inch 2 shot black cloud hid on an end rack so I should be good for waterfowl this year.
theres been a pile of waterfowl load all year. And dam.Mn it I was in Bismarck on the weekend and never looked. I imagine it was two box limit like usual

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No more limits on shells at Scheels. The pulled the limit off a while ago.
Sweet Lord though, you talk about PRICE GOUGING!!!

Do your homework. They match prices if you can prove it is cheaper somewhere else...and it usually is.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
theres been a pile of waterfowl load all year. And dam.Mn it I was in Bismarck on the weekend and never looked. I imagine it was two box limit like usual

they maybe had a quarter the amount of steel there as they did lead and that’s counting the heavy shot and tungsten loads. I am sure they still have the lead there as it was literally an whole lane down the middle stacked cases deep. I didn’t think price was bad it was only like 10 or 12 a box and if I remember right it was fiochi shells.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I have one box of shells left for dove and don't know where I'm going to find any.

MM, I have a bunch of 7 1/2 and 8 target loads from sporting clays league that should work fine for dove. I live in your area so let me know if you still cant find anything.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55