Cleveland Indians

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
For a new name I like the Ohio Indians, who could get offended by that?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What happened to society, that 50 years ago we had the old saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names with never hurt me"?
And now a name can create such severe reaction that we have to undo the already done?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Louis Sockalexis
1690860298082.png

Man, I just see red, when someone I disagree with, tells me to educate myself. One of my biggest pet peeves.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
What happened to society, that 50 years ago we had the old saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names with never hurt me"?
And now a name can create such severe reaction that we have to undo the already done?

Id like to know how a team name in this example has ruined people’s lives warranting the need for change.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't understand. Do you disagree with how the Indians got their name?

Nope. Not at all. I thought about explaining myself further when I made the post, but wasn't sure it was needed.

I wasn't referring to the post at all. I just hate it when I disagree with some @sshole, and they tell me to educate myself until I agree with them.

In life. In general.

I'm a pretty smart guy. When someone comes along with a different opinion, that's fine. I can disagree and still respect the person. I get that we all come from different places. But when they tell me that I only disagree because I'm uneducated, or I disagree because I simply don't know better... that air of superiority makes my blood boil.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personally I have a different take on this. Take the fighting Sioux for instance, you would think they would take a sense of pride in a team wanting to name themselves after them. Instead they get butthurt and want all mention of them removed from society. I say why not. I could give two shits what a team names themselves. Like I said if natives no longer want to be honored, why honor them. I say change all the names that have to do with native Americans. They don’t want to be honored or mentioned any longer? I have zero problem with that. I find it quite hilarious actually.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Sioux at first just wanted the word fighting taken away but englestad said no.

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Are people seriously this bored?
Follow the leader?… Hell No!!!!
Problem now days no one keeps there mouth shut anymore! Including me when I can see through the bullshit!
You do you, I’ll do me.
Don’t make me do you and I won’t make you do me.
Head down minding my own business, please stay back 100 feet. I’m not infected by bullshit!!! I’ve had my bullshit vac.
Be the leader!
Changing the name or taking down statues does nothing except make the someone’s feel they accomplished something! Woopdy fn dumb.
I thank the lord I have a life and I don’t have to try and play God!
No need for reply if you don’t get it I don’t care!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are people seriously this bored?
Follow the leader?… Hell No!!!!
Problem now days no one keeps there mouth shut anymore! Including me when I can see through the bullshit!
You do you, I’ll do me.
Don’t make me do you and I won’t make you do me.
Head down minding my own business, please stay back 100 feet. I’m not infected by bullshit!!! I’ve had my bullshit vac.
Be the leader!
Changing the name or taking down statues does nothing except make the someone’s feel they accomplished something! Woopdy fn dumb.
I thank the lord I have a life and I don’t have to try and play God!
No need for reply if you don’t get it I don’t care!

Please clarify.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope. Not at all. I thought about explaining myself further when I made the post, but wasn't sure it was needed.

I wasn't referring to the post at all. I just hate it when I disagree with some @sshole, and they tell me to educate myself until I agree with them.

In life. In general.

I'm a pretty smart guy. When someone comes along with a different opinion, that's fine. I can disagree and still respect the person. I get that we all come from different places. But when they tell me that I only disagree because I'm uneducated, or I disagree because I simply don't know better... that air of superiority makes my blood boil.
I baited a chiropractor once with a loaded vaccination question, knowing full well a majority of chiropractors are somewhat anti vaccine (not counting this covid bullshit). He proceeded to tell me iffn I was a doctor like him I would understand, but because I am not a Doctor I would be unable to put any ability into the message he was laying down...

Nothing against any chiropractor, but the several I know are anti vaccine (mumps, rubella, polio, etc.), but don't act like this arrogant SOB did.

Talking down to anyone is pure horse shit. Most of the highly successful, wealthy, and community leaders I know and support are the least arrogant, and most generous guys around.

Telling someone that they wouldn't understand, is a nice way of saying fuck you moron.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

In life. In general.

LOL. I get in arguments on the facebook all the time with tree hugging hippies. The Gulf Oil Spill disaster was a classic.

"The Gulf Is Dead" headlines were everywhere. I personally spent time on a boat at ground zero in the delta where the oil came into shore. The spot where the famous oil covered pelican video was taken.

We couldn't find oil - with very sensitive specialized equipment and we were very motivated to find it. Game fish were chasing bait/shrimp all around our boat. Sea birds of every type were circling us. Long story... but places like the gulf are fantastic at dealing with and locking up released crude oil.

Time after time I told my daughter's friends and others to calm down - that the gulf will be fine.

And 9/10 times then comeback was how I should educate myself, go to college, listen to the experts on the ground, etc. It never failed to send me into a rage.

Then I got smart and found the laugh emoticon and laughed at them - no more sincere engagement by me - because they don't/won't listen.

It's almost as if they're programmed robots who can't listen. Very disturbing trait in today's population.

We're in for dark times. The idiots are running the asylum.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
[MENTION=337]guywhofishes[/MENTION] and [MENTION=324]JayKay[/MENTION], now if only you 2 could educate yourselves in regards to fishing.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
LOL. I get in arguments on the facebook all the time with tree hugging hippies. The Gulf Oil Spill disaster was a classic.

"The Gulf Is Dead" headlines were everywhere. I personally spent time on a boat at ground zero in the delta where the oil came into shore. The spot where the famous oil covered pelican video was taken.

We couldn't find oil - with very sensitive specialized equipment and we were very motivated to find it. Game fish were chasing bait/shrimp all around our boat. Sea birds of every type were circling us. Long story... but places like the gulf are fantastic at dealing with and locking up released crude oil.

Time after time I told my daughter's friends and others to calm down - that the gulf will be fine.

And 9/10 times then comeback was how I should educate myself, go to college, listen to the experts on the ground, etc. It never failed to send me into a rage.

Then I got smart and found the laugh emoticon and laughed at them - no more sincere engagement by me - because they don't/won't listen.

It's almost as if they're programmed robots who can't listen. Very disturbing trait in today's population.

We're in for dark times. The idiots are running the asylum.

:;:muahaha

j/k. I couldn’t agree more. :(

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
@guywhofishes and @JayKay, now if only you 2 could educate yourselves in regards to fishing.

I couldn't agree more. I have been fishing with a shining example of FishingWisdom for about 9 years now, and I still find I teach about as much as I learn.

One might argue that I'm hopeless.

Another might argue that the Einstein I've been following around, might be more closely related to Roscoe Coltrane.

- - - Updated - - -

I baited a chiropractor once with a loaded vaccination question, knowing full well a majority of chiropractors are somewhat anti vaccine (not counting this covid bullshit). He proceeded to tell me iffn I was a doctor like him I would understand, but because I am not a Doctor I would be unable to put any ability into the message he was laying down...

Nothing against any chiropractor, but the several I know are anti vaccine (mumps, rubella, polio, etc.), but don't act like this arrogant SOB did.

Talking down to anyone is pure horse shit. Most of the highly successful, wealthy, and community leaders I know and support are the least arrogant, and most generous guys around.

Telling someone that they wouldn't understand, is a nice way of saying fuck you moron.

it would have been tough for me NOT to tell the guy, that as an educated, English speaking person, he ought to possess the skills necessary to convey his meaning, without using 47 letter words.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76