Cleveland Indians

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Cleveland Indians officially announced their new name on Friday.

Team owner Paul Dolan
wrote in a letter to fans the "Indians will always be part of our history just as Cleveland has always been the most important part of our identity.""In searching for a new brand, we sought a name that strongly reflects the pride, resiliency and loyalty of Clevelanders. Guardians embodies those defining attributes while drawing upon the iconic Guardians of Traffic proudly standing just outside Progressive Field on the Hope Memorial Bridge," Dolan wrote. "It brings to life the pride of Clevelanders take in our city and the way we stand for each other while defending our Cleveland process."

;:;rofl

- - - Updated - - -

#virtuesignalingoverload

- - - Updated - - -

the replies are priceless

https://twitter.com/Indians/status/1418565355472101378

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
Give it a chance. Just look at the improved conditions and quality of life at standing rock since they got rid of the fighting Sioux name. They are going to have to build a wall to keep people out of that paradise.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The best part about all the kneeling and fist raising and protesting is that I have a SHITLOAD of extra time to hunt and fish and do other things now that there is no desire or need for me to watch anything on TV anymore. Silver linings…you just got to find and focus on the silver linings.

That guy

Honored Member
Waiting to see what the Redskins new name will be. Guardians sounds like something from the cfl or a minor league team. Most likely will have some marvel theme mascots.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Waiting to see what the Redskins new name will be. Guardians sounds like something from the cfl or a minor league team. Most likely will have some marvel theme mascots.
There was the new York guardians from the xfl. Just go to the No-namers and call it a day.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I say if indians bothers them the vikings should also change there name might even help them

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
E6_FZ22XMAQqEFQ.jpg

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose they have to go back and remake the "Major League" movies now.

Give 'em the heat, Ricky!

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Give it a chance. Just look at the improved conditions and quality of life at standing rock since they got rid of the fighting Sioux name. They are going to have to build a wall to keep people out of that paradise.

I get down to that wonderland occasionally. I noticed A slight uptick in the frequency that they have been lighting a vehicle on fire that is broken down on the side of the road. I’m assuming this is either a spiritual water protector type of thing, similar to burning one’s tent or just a way to express pride after the UND name change. Either way, it sure gives me the warm fuzzies.

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get down to that wonderland occasionally. I noticed A slight uptick in the frequency that they have been lighting a vehicle on fire that is broken down on the side of the road. I’m assuming this is either a spiritual water protector type of thing, similar to burning one’s tent or just a way to express pride after the NDSU name change. Either way, it sure gives me the warm fuzzies.

Do you mean UND or I am missing something, which wouldn't surprise me either.

Happycamper

Honored Member
"The Cleveland Guardians? Sounds like a home security company. What's next? The San Francisco Gender Neutrals The Chicago Cancelers? The Boston Boo Whos? The New Orleans Sissies? The Denver Brokeback Mountains? The Las Vegas Radishes? The Washington Pablums? Help me out here! We are living in an insane asylum. No offense to crazy people. Good grief!!!!!!"

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
It would not surprise me to see a mascot similar to Superman as the duo that created that character were from and did so in Cleveland. Besides who really gives a rat's &## what a team is called. I think sports figures and now E-sports? figures are paid far far too much for what they provide. I would rather enjoy the great outdoors hunting and fishing than sit in a stadium watching people playing games.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Do you mean UND or I am missing something, which wouldn't surprise me either.

Whoops...yep I meant UND. I got my "UND name change" and "NDSU kneelers" all mixed up.
I'm not woke so it's hard for me to keep it all straight.
If I was woke, I probably would realize using the word "straight" is very offensive.

Last edited:

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get down to that wonderland occasionally. I noticed A slight uptick in the frequency that they have been lighting a vehicle on fire that is broken down on the side of the road. I’m assuming this is either a spiritual water protector type of thing, similar to burning one’s tent or just a way to express pride after the UND name change. Either way, it sure gives me the warm fuzzies.

Hey now...
I've noticed the VERY SECOND I cross the line onto a rez that the road ditches are cleaner, roadside signs are pristeen, houses are well kept, roads well maintained, wildlife abundant ect..
Must be that "native pride" thingy?

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Louis Sockalexis
1690860298082.png

The 1914 season had been an historic one for baseball, as the Boston Braves had stormed back from last place and 12.5 games down to swipe the National League pennant before stunning the Philadelphia A's in the World Series. The "Miracle Braves" captured the hearts of fans in New England and around the country, and when it came to what made them so popular, many began to point (whether it was morally right or wrong) at their Native American-themed nickname.Historians seem to agree Somers and the writers saw this as a dream brand opportunity, and it's quite possible at least some actively remembered the Sockalexis era with the Spiders. Obviously, an exact ripoff of the Braves would've been impossible, so the group went with what they saw at the next-best thing: "The Cleveland Indians."

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67