Canadian Smoke

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man is it bad in Fargo - and forecast to get worse Saturday. This is the first time I've ever experienced issues with exposure to wildfire smoke (burning eyes, funny lung/throat sensations).

Bothering anyone else?

I switched to a better (more $$$) central air filter at home and set my AC fan to recirculate - seems to have helped.

https://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I can feel it after being outside in it all day. I was in Minot yesterday and could just smell it at times. I couldn't even imagine being a firefighter and hanging out next to some of those big fires.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I did the same. For a while yesterday there was a half mile visibility and this might go on until late fall.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
When we had all the fires around us a month or so ago (before the rains), I checked our vehicle cabin filters and I changed them last year and the one in the car looked like nicotene on it from the outside air. Changed it and now when the a/c is on in the car I have it on recirculate all the time.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a big oil well fire here south of the big lake sakakwea, I do think that they are getting it under control

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
It is terrible in West Fargo. This is the first time in over 10 years that I have had to break out the inhaler for the asthma. It barely helps but it does take the edge off the lung issues. I hope this is not happening in the Bismarck area - the State Sporting Clays tournament is Sunday north of Menoken and if it's this bad out there it is going to suck trying to shoot in this crap.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is terrible in West Fargo. This is the first time in over 10 years that I have had to break out the inhaler for the asthma. It barely helps but it does take the edge off the lung issues. I hope this is not happening in the Bismarck area - the State Sporting Clays tournament is Sunday north of Menoken and if it's this bad out there it is going to suck trying to shoot in this crap.

I don't think it's quite as bad here as in the RRV, but today is the smokiest day yet here (Bismarck).

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yes, it will be bad at Capital City Sporting Clays. Unless it breaks between now and then, but it's pretty crappy statewide.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dad told me that he heard on the radio is that people should avoid as much as possible or to limit outside activity because of the smoke inhalation being harmful to your health. When that happens you know that with this high temps and little to no rain has really changed the way we here in north dakota are going to have to deal with this Canadian smoke

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Last time I seen thick haze low atmosphere like this was may 1980 when st helens blew up,nasty smell like burning tires in central minnesota last night 1 mile viz maybe,clowns driving w/o headlights on.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In south Bismarck right now it's like being inside Spicoli's van when you go outside. :D

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think we need to invade Canada and put out those dam fires. This is getting old. Got out my Onion goggles and paint spraying resp, so I can mow the yard. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76