Careful Buying Fuel Filters...Big Brother is Watching!

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats why we are headed for a "cashless" crypto currency society and world, so big gov can track everything

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
May as well just assume everything you say, do, search, and type is under surveillance. I’m sure we are all on a list of some sort for being on a site that discusses things like guns and shooting. I probably just made another list for this post.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
unless you have a warrant please return to your vehicle. Thank you and God bless
kill them with kindness

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t think it’s as simple as he says. Order it and get a tax stamp. You have to go through an FFL that is licensed to sell those don’t you? And I also thought they were gun specific.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
unless you have a warrant please return to your vehicle. Thank you and God bless
kill them with kindness

The problem is how did they get a warrant to search your online purchases of fuel filters, sounds like an unlawful search and seizure! We can’t thank the Patriot Act for this happening……

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
May I re-don my tinfoil hat dblclk?

- - - Updated - - -

May as well just assume everything you say, do, search, and type is under surveillance. I’m sure we are all on a list of some sort for being on a site that discusses things like guns and shooting. I probably just made another list for this post.

I'll make you a hat.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t think it’s as simple as he says. Order it and get a tax stamp. You have to go through an FFL that is licensed to sell those don’t you? And I also thought they were gun specific.

Actually it is just that simple. I've done it. And it only took 35 days to get the stamp... e-file a form 1, and once you get the email for the stamp you drill the holes for the baffles... pretty simple really. If you make one for .308 caliber it can be used on anything smaller than that. I wanna say I drilled mine to something like .366 so it would work up to .308 and it is registered as a .308

To buyba suppressor, yes you do have to go through an ffl. But to buy a "fuel filter" or a "solvent trap" you can order those right online... it doesn't become a suppressor until the holes are drilled...

Mine works pretty well.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually it is just that simple. I've done it. And it only took 35 days to get the stamp... e-file a form 1, and once you get the email for the stamp you drill the holes for the baffles... pretty simple really. If you make one for .308 caliber it can be used on anything smaller than that. I wanna say I drilled mine to something like .366 so it would work up to .308 and it is registered as a .308

To buyba suppressor, yes you do have to go through an ffl. But to buy a "fuel filter" or a "solvent trap" you can order those right online... it doesn't become a suppressor until the holes are drilled...

Mine works pretty well.
So the dealer was saying it takes like a year to get the suppressor permit. How do you get one in that short of time doing the fuel filter thing.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The problem is how did they get a warrant to search your online purchases of fuel filters, sounds like an unlawful search and seizure! We can’t thank the Patriot Act for this happening……

My guess is they didn't need a warrant. ALL, and I do mean ALL off the contracts for internet service I have read had a clause in them that stated that any law enforcement or other "Official" request for information will be complied with or some derivation thereof. I bet when he signed up for his internet service he waived all his rights and agreed to have his information shared.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suspect one could order a trainload of fuel/oil filters and never get a door knock. However, if one ordered a few filters and then some thread adaptors to allow fuel/oil filters to be adapted to say 1/2x20, 5/8x24, or 3/4x24, at that point, you should be expecting Black Suburbans/helicopters and a face-to-face discussion with some Federal LEO sans any appointment.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member

Barney and Andy figured it out after they saw the videos.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The whole suppressor "thing" boggles my mind. I mean really? WTF?

It's not like screwing one on the end of your barrel automatically makes you James Bond.

Furthermore, it also doesn't make your weapon any more "dangerous" than it already was.

The whole thing is complete BS.

The hoops you have to jump through are crazy. You should be able to order them on Amazon and have them in a couple days.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lavern always liked Pepsi in her milk.

She was too white

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
So the dealer was saying it takes like a year to get the suppressor permit. How do you get one in that short of time doing the fuel filter thing.

It does take a year if you buy one from a dealer. When purchasing a suppressor from a dealer you have to fill out a form 4 which is basically just for a transfer from the dealer to you. As far as I know, the gooberment doesn't have the e-file system set up yet to accept form 4's, so for the most part, with a few exceptions, all form 4 data submitted has to be manually entered into their database. Then you get to start at the back of the line and wait your turn.

With a form 1 your essentially submitting an application to build one. This is included in the e-file system, and when you submit your application through the e-file system theres no months long wait for the lowest priced data entry labor to hopefully enter your information into the system correctly and accurately. If they don't enter it correctly, when the agent reviewing your application finds an oopsie, it gets sent back to the data entry tool to correct..

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the freedoms that we thought we had are fleeting or already long gone. Edward snowden said in an interview that even back when he worked for the nsa that they had a software program that could find any social media, phone call, text that you ever sent. It also had the capability of pulling up that data and reading it or listening to it in real time if they wished. And for him wishing to become a whistle blower to bring these privacy abuses to light he was branded a traitor and criminal. All our smart devices even though very convenient are selling us out to the highest bidder. I read that tv manufactures are admitting that they make more money off selling the info your smart tv gleans from you than the actual purchase price you pay for the tv when you buy it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55