Chad Issak trial

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The whole case is very interesting especially since the owners affair came to light. Were all 4 victims shot? If so why the need to stab as well? That seems to mean there was some type of personal connection to me. It's kind of weird that a single person would be able to shoot/stab 4 people to death in separate areas of the building all in 13 minutes while hardly leaving any evidence at the scene. Also some of the victims supposedly had their own ccw's? The surveillance video clips and evidence found in his vehicle and at his residence is very damning so I think he definitely was involved in some way shape or form. I wonder if more people weren't involved either in the actual act or planning. The public doesn't get the whole story layed out like the jury does so it's all speculation.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could be crazy but I swore they found the knife and bag full of clothes in his freezer at his residence? Now I'm questioning myself and I figured he was all but guilty ever since.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will be interesting on how this plays out.
Never heard of an affair.

The plot thickens

A defense attorney said during opening statements that police overlooked numerous people as suspects and mentioned the ex-husband of a woman who allegedly had an affair with Robert Fakler. The defense revisited the topic on Thursday with Fakler’s widow, Jackie. She acknowledged that she had made comments in the past about how she would handle her husband if he cheated on her, saying there wouldn’t be a divorce and that she would have him “taken out.” But Fakler testified that she had been joking and had made the comments before homicide investigators told her that her husband may have been having an affair.

- - - Updated - - -

I could be crazy but I swore they found the knife and bag full of clothes in his freezer at his residence? Now I'm questioning myself and I figured he was all but guilty ever since.

I believe the knife and clothing were in the dryer and it was gun parts that were in the freezer

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Were the knife, clothes and gun parts talked about in the court room or is this from local news channels , street talk/rumors ? I'd think DNA of blood stains from the door handles (both sides) of the pickup parked at the sign company will be significant. This case will be a good test of the professionalism of our state investigators , defense team is waiting for every chance to pick them apart.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member

I believe the knife and clothing were in the dryer and it was gun parts that were in the freezer

There we go that's what I rememeber, thanks for clearing that up. Figured this was all but a slam dunk case.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
how queer it is to keep knife and gun parts in locations such as those

- - - Updated - - -

or am I in the minority? maybe it’s a thing

- - - Updated - - -

what would Columbo think

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Were the knife, clothes and gun parts talked about in the court room or is this from local news channels , street talk/rumors ? I'd think DNA of blood stains from the door handles (both sides) of the pickup parked at the sign company will be significant. This case will be a good test of the professionalism of our state investigators , defense team is waiting for every chance to pick them apart.
It was stated in court

- - - Updated - - -

There we go that's what I rememeber, thanks for clearing that up. Figured this was all but a slam dunk case.
they didnt say that they matched ballistics or the wounds just that they found them during the search. They also found items in his microwave at clinic.

STEEL WOOL

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice. Real cool. People died dipshit and you're trying to be funny. Awesome.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did myself a favor and went back and watched the opening statements that I'd only caught part of . If the defense is correct when stating that none of Chad's DNA was found at the crime scene the state is going to have a hard time, unless they can link a weapon in Chads possession to the crime scene.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why would his DNA be at the crime scene? He wasn't the one bleeding all over the place.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why did the state take all those samples if they weren't looking for it , not only blood

Update: I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about forensics or courts but solely from a common sense and uneducated approach I'd think there would be just one teeny shred of DNA evidence in the pickup found at the sign company. You read about the touch DNA and it just seems hard to believe someone could have committed the crime and/or driven the RJR vehicle without leaving anything behind.

Only speculation and only time will tell.

Last edited:

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't need to leave DNA at a crime scene to be guilty. There are other ways to link one to a crime scene

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I'm saying is with all the forensics we have these days and given his background and the sentence he is facing, the general public, especially the 12 jurors might expect something or anything to prove that he was at the crime scene.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought it was a love triangle?

Jackie Fakler's husband Bob supposedly had an affair for around 15 years , Jacki claimed to not know about it until after the murder . If it was Chad that did the killing , I think he was well informed by someone on the inside . Maybe two affairs going on at the same time in the Fakler household ?

I't might be bad manners to speculate in a murder case, I don't know. Just so many questions and so few answers at this point. I believe in innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, I'm not there yet but I have a feeling I will eventually see enough evidence to get me there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77