Chad Issak trial

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't need to leave DNA at a crime scene to be guilty. There are other ways to link one to a crime scene

Before the advent of DNA processing, people were caught and convicted of crimes all the time. DNA certainly isn't the only smoking gun. It also never reveals intent. You could prove someone was at a location, but can't prove what they did or didn't do.

I personally believe that he was involved, but I couldn't convict him based upon my uneducated beliefs.

Of course, DNA now often clears people of crimes they didn't commit.

I'm no bleeding heart liberal, but I hate the idea of a person rotting in prison for a crime they didn't commit.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't recall where I heard it - but the number of times the victims were stabbed was beyond ridiculous.

Sending a message? Or exorcising demons?

Somebody is cold as ice - or absolutely flipped their lid

Yeesh.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't recall where I heard it - but the number of times the victims were stabbed was beyond ridiculous.

Sending a message? Or exorcising demons?

Somebody is cold as ice - or absolutely flipped their lid

Yeesh.

I'd heard over 100 stab wounds, after they'd been shot. That DOES send a message.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched bits and pieces of the trial videos last night and saw footage of the white ford turning around in the car sales lot on the 25th and again the 1st , still pictures were framed from the video with two side by side photos of the front of vehicle , With all the video enhancement tools they have these days, I thought they could have gotten a license plate number and it would be game over.

Another thing I noticed was in one of the videos of suspect at the crime scene was the posture . The guy in orange clearly carried his head foreword of his shoulders like the defendant's posture sitting in the court room. The first thought was , That's got to be him but no mention of the posture by prosecutors . I just don't understand why these were so evident but not mentioned at the time , I suppose that's what the attorneys call "building foundation" and both sides hold stuff back until later ??

It would be hard thinking that he did it and got off on something technical but it would be even harder not knowing for positive if he did it and seeing him spend life in prison.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does it bother anyone else that the wheels of justice move so slowly? I mean in this case I think the guy is guilty not that my opinion matters but just think in general what if you were arrested for a crime like this and really were innocent? Even if in the end you were found not guilty I think that would be little consolation after you just spent 2.5 years in prison for a crime that you didn't commit.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, it appears to be coming together for the state. Seems like it would take something huge to turn the ship around at this point.

I've always wondered how defense lawyers get paid after they spend countless hours on a case and the defendant ends up with life in prison and assets less than the lawyer bill.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
His defense didn't take this case without knowing for certain they would get paid for every minute they spent on this. Nearly certain of that. Having said that, he has to have a hundred if not a couple of hundred thousand into this by the time this is over. But, he was a chiropractor. So, he might have had all of that in total assets to spend. And when your life hangs in the balance and u are likely guilty, why not? But, like was said, imagine being innocent, spending 2 years in jail and 200k to prove it. You won't get a second or a penny of that back!

- - - Updated - - -

Bruce and his crew didn't take this as a charity or for publicity.

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMHO
Yeah he did it, zero doubt.
But he was not acting alone, as in he was either forced, paid or, had incentive.

Starts with who is paying the lawyers and how.
Everyone looking at the owner/ wife/ affair angle is misdirection in my view.

The Cobbs he waited for them, he went for them a week before i think, but she wasnt there.

He went after these two with malice, with emotional rage, killed them first.

I think the the other two where just on their way in before he could get away, and they paid for it.

I'd speculate The Chad was involved with some people that maybe had some dealings with the first killed, something happened, he was forced to do the dead.
The jogger that happened by at the same time both mornings and passed Isaak walking, If that person hasnt come forward, maybe connected in maybe checking on him to see if hed done the dead.

It has to be deeper than just this guy....

Or I've watched too many movies..... but he did it 100% and hes never going back to that shithole of a life/trailer again.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nah, some people are just legit nuts. All without having an actual mental health issue. I casually knew a guy in the Corps who joined up because he was interested in what it felt like to kill someone and thought it best to join a branch of the military so he didn't go to jail afterwards, how he got past the DI's has always been a mystery to me. I don't know if he ever got to kill anyone, but last I saw him he was headed to Desert Shield. Weird dude...I always thought he needed to be like a fire alarm, hidden in a glass enclosure with directions and a hammer on the outside where you only broke the glass in times of need.

I think normal people have a difficult time with the above. Which concerns me, because it's difficult to get to the point where you just no longer trust in the humanity of humans, but I am there. We have individuals who can be the shittiest of lifeforms on this planet. They really do walk among us.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, it appears to be coming together for the state. Seems like it would take something huge to turn the ship around at this point.

I've always wondered how defense lawyers get paid after they spend countless hours on a case and the defendant ends up with life in prison and assets less than the lawyer bill.

Book and movie deals.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
His defense didn't take this case without knowing for certain they would get paid for every minute they spent on this. Nearly certain of that. Having said that, he has to have a hundred if not a couple of hundred thousand into this by the time this is over. But, he was a chiropractor. So, he might have had all of that in total assets to spend. And when your life hangs in the balance and u are likely guilty, why not? But, like was said, imagine being innocent, spending 2 years in jail and 200k to prove it. You won't get a second or a penny of that back!

- - - Updated - - -

He was a chiropractor who drove a rusty pickup, a homemade sign at his office, and rented a mobile home. I would say he was struggling. I have heard second hand that multiple people who went to him for chiropractic work were creeped out by him - something was off.

Cracking backs could be a valuable skill in prison.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

How much money could a chiropractor who lives in a 70's / 80s trailer house and drive an old pickup have ?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it's safe to say the man is frugal at best, and a complete cheapskate at worst.

Reason I say that is because he would rather use a $3 gallon of bleach to clean what is supposed to be the murder weapons and clothing, rather than simply getting rid of them altogether.

Let's face it, he probably tossed the barrel and cylinder to his pistol in some ditch, but kept the frame and grips so he could just buy another barrel and cylinder. Same with the bent tipped knife in the washer.

If'n I was the prosecutor, I'd be trying to find some former friends or acquaintances that could testify to his level of frugality.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am guessing there are odd cuts on the victims that fit with that bent knife tip being involved

what are chances it bent on bone the very last plunge??

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All I know is if I was looking at prison time for murders I did not commit, I’d by crying in court, freaking out, frantic, hysterical, emotional, etc. and it would not be fake.
He’s just been quiet, calm, with nothing but a blank stare since the first hearing. He’s guilty as sin and his demeanor gives it away.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am guessing there are odd cuts on the victims that fit with that bent knife tip being involved

what are chances it bent on bone the very last plunge??

I was of the mind that it got bent in the washing machine or dryer, especially if it were open, and there were other items in with it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 158
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79