Chad Issak trial

Skullet

Established Member
I'm no attorney, but it sure seems like the defense's closing arguing was an epic fail. Isn't the goal of an attorney to ask questions they already know the answers to?
If so, why bring in one of his patients to testify and have them say that their appointment on the morning in question was re-scheduled due to Isaak's dentist appointment?
And then have the state do their rebuttal with the dental office stating that there was no dental appointment.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Makes a guy wonder if he was ever on here and fishing buddy since he was into hunting and fishing. Any members MIA around the time he was arrested ?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm no attorney, but it sure seems like the defense's closing arguing was an epic fail. Isn't the goal of an attorney to ask questions they already know the answers to?
If so, why bring in one of his patients to testify and have them say that their appointment on the morning in question was re-scheduled due to Isaak's dentist appointment?
And then have the state do their rebuttal with the dental office stating that there was no dental appointment.

lol - seriously??? that's awful

I'd hate to have THIS particular client pissed off at my lack of effectiveness

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
this really happened ^^^^ ?!

Yep. The wheels fell off yesterday afternoon when Luke got frustrated with Amy Michaud, forensic chemist during cross examination. She was well versed and I believe she enjoyed playing with Luke's mind and got him pretty flustered . A few times she played him and with a chuckle she said "I don't understand your question" . At the end of the day he apologized to the courtroom. Today was even a bigger disaster, Bruce wasn't there today.

Skullet

Established Member
I'd hate to be on this jury. The state presents a case that shows that he certainly "could" have done it. Video, clothes, gun, the vehicle etc.
But in a polar opposite of yesterday, the defense is doing its job. This Quick fella has done a damn good job of planting reasonable doubt.

I'll be curious to see how it all turns out. Isaak is definitely a weird turd, but most of the guys on this site are weird turds.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i disagree i guess. bruce is an expert at what he just did... throwing up smokescreens in an attempt to make you forget about or disregard what you just saw... that's what good defense attorneys do. some are magical at it. i prosecuted for 12 years. and its maddening when jurors fall for it despite a mountain of evidence in front of them. not sure if expectations have gotten too high because of all of the TV people watch these days or what it is. anyway, without rehashing the whole trial (i didn't get to take it all in. but, i saw or listened to plenty), what is the statistical probability of all of this stuff with chad isaak being a mere coincidence? there are 700,000 people in this state. i would say 1 in 700,000.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are the questions? They have his truck on video surveillance, they have someone that is wearing the clothes found in his residence on video surveillance, they have the likely murder weapons found in his residence, they have blood and fiber evidence from his truck. I mean unless you believe someone stole his truck twice, planted all the evidence and set him up........that doesn't sound like "reasonable doubt" to me. Why the defense didn't try to put more emphasis on another person possibly doing the crime is kind of wierd to me but there was really no way for them to dismiss the real evidence in this case.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i haven't got to watch today. just listen a bit on my ear buds. is someone braless with nipple rings? or we just commenting on the finer things in life in general?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66