Chad Issak trial

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is anyone watching the trial ? I came in for lunch and started watching and got glued to it and surprised there is live news coverage. Things could get interesting by the end based on what I have watched so far.

I feel for all involved , It's going to be a long trial . I hope and Pray that justice is served and the jury makes the right decision. With todays forensics id like to think that it should be pretty straight foreword.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched some of this mornings trial, It's amazing how thorough the attorneys on both sides are. Watching it is good medicine for my usually short attention span for tv and social media events, I'm like, lets just get to the evidence and get this over with.

This case has a thick plot and I hope there is strong evidence one way or the other because this case reminds me of the documentary "Making a murderer".

It's humbling to watch, knowing and thinking that the wrong people could be convicted. Lots of people on social media already casting their verdict. Also must be tempting for the jurors to get on social media or watch the news , How can you even get away from it now days short of throwing your phone or computer in the garbage.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is this the chiropractor that killed those people in Mandan?

It's the trial for the chiro from Washburn, who is accused of killing those people.

He allegedly killed them.

Innocent until proven guilty. I haven't paid attention, but he's not been convicted at this time.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, accused is a big word in this statement, I missed that. Thanks for the clarification.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As a former LE guy, the first couple days will be just primarily getting background of police, BCI, EMS responders, family and employees. I would expect the real meat of evidence won't be until next week.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personally, with the very little that I know of the whole thing, it looks like he did it. And unless he's perfectly nuts, there must be a reason.

However, as of now, he only has been accused.

I would LIKE to know why it was done, or WHY he did it, but I may never know, and that's alright too.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a hunch he was on the same antidepressants that lots of other “out of the blue” killers have been on

there’s a link - lots of “postal” killers are on antidepressants

certain mental illness plus the “no biggie” mental states the antidepressants provide creates stone cold killers

at least that’s my amateur Columbo take on the matter

and yes - I have lots of friends/family on antidepressants and they’re helpful in most situations - but not all imo

- - - Updated - - -

bet he walked through that task like he was taking out the garbage

unpleasant - but simply needed to be done

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think he had some type of beef with this outfit, something more than just a random killing.
Iffn not that would be even scarier.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a hunch he was on the same antidepressants that lots of other “out of the blue” killers have been on

there’s a link - lots of “postal” killers are on antidepressants

certain mental illness plus the “no biggie” mental states the antidepressants provide creates stone cold killers

at least that’s my amateur Columbo take on the matter

and yes - I have lots of friends/family on antidepressants and they’re helpful in most situations - but not all imo

- - - Updated - - -

bet he walked through that task like he was taking out the garbage

unpleasant - but simply needed to be done

If your theory is correct , I wonder if it's normal for someone in that condition to be able to think clear enough to be a perfectionist and not leave a bunch of evidence behind ? It does make sense though, based on how straight faced he is in the court room. Innocent or guilty, it would be hard to keep your composure like that in a court room , especially if the person hasn't spent time in a courtroom before.

Unless some DNA and other evidence comes into play , (I'm guessing it will) I don't see anything even close enough that I could lean toward a conviction so far. The McDonalds witness was sure the person of suspect was close to 5'8'' with Issak being 6'4, that's quite a spread.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I completely agree with guy. Mental health meds are over prescribed and can create a Hyde out of any doctor jekyl. It's disturbing how much of it I have seen an experienced in my life. When the video evidence of him, his truck and everything in his residence comes out, I think it will be hard not to convict him. However, his defense attorney is the best in this state. And no fucking way he is court appointed. Bruce isn't a court appointed attorney.

Last edited:

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Back when this whole thing happened, it rumored that some of the rental properties, such as the park in Washburn, the monthly rent did or was in the process of increasing, and people didn't like it. So here you have an owner of the park increasing the rent, the management company (RJR) is the messenger and takes a lot of the complaints. Then you have a "doodle dits" like this guy who thinks "heck, I'm a respected Chiropractor and I own my home in this park. No one would ever suspect me". So he makes the trip down to Mandan, commits the crime, then races back to Washburn to open up his Chiropractor office. Here again, it was rumored that he office did open up late that morning. If true...was he cleaning himself up after the crime. (jeopardy theme music plays)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 92
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 60