Early goose season

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mosquito issue sucked Sunday morning until wind picked up. Still 72° was not ideal. We did get 19 Sunday and 5 on Monday. Birds done and back to water by 8:45. Get some rain and the bugs will be thick.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Early goose season creates a major problem: Has anyone figured out how to get a good pattern through all the flies and skeeters?
Have u tried out a thermacell yet? Those bastards are sure nasty in the early morning dew as a mosquito magnet myself..
Love me some long sleeve weather dual layered.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
if you want to make YouTube vids and get paid then go hunt all over the country I would think a cool name would help. I’m not going to lie wish I was as smart as them in my 20’s .
I don’t think a guy could have made much money making videos as easy as it is now. With social media and YouTube it’s really easy to build a brand and make some $$$. Kids are obsessed with making videos for social media these days so at least they are of them killing shit instead of some dumb dancing!

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Isn't there some stupid law in ND where you can only shoot your limit of birds? I watched the video of a crew that bagged 100 birds. They were all shooting right beside each other. There's no possible way to tell who shot what. Birds are dropping and it sounds like the 4th of July. At what point can we get rid of this stupid rule.

Agreed on this Rowdie,one day our field was under the watchful eye of a usfwl officer as we were on the x the day before ,pretty sure someone fingered our group,this was when western minn had a "one canada goose limit per guy",as we (5 of us banged our geese) out came the ranger with ticket book in hand,he tagged the guyz picking up more than one goose as he said they were over limit,just a dickhead.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t think a guy could have made much money making videos as easy as it is now. With social media and YouTube it’s really easy to build a brand and make some $$$. Kids are obsessed with making videos for social media these days so at least they are of them killing shit instead of some dumb dancing!

thats a fact. Even though some act different than I would it’s hard to hate on the kids. I’m sure when I was 20 something the old guys said the same shit about me and my buddies. Like you said I would rather them hunting than doing dumb dance videos. They make some pretty quality videos witch take skill to edit and put together.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have u tried out a thermacell yet? Those bastards are sure nasty in the early morning dew as a mosquito magnet myself..
Love me some long sleeve weather dual layered.

Thanx Rut2,forgot I had the cell,been a dry summer at my place,haven't used my cell in two years.they work great until the wind pick's up

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed on this Rowdie,one day our field was under the watchful eye of a usfwl officer as we were on the x the day before ,pretty sure someone fingered our group,this was when western minn had a "one canada goose limit per guy",as we (5 of us banged our geese) out came the ranger with ticket book in hand,he tagged the guyz picking up more than one goose as he said they were over limit,just a dickhead.

So you can't pick up someone else's goose for them. I'd be in court.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We have some real boy scouts come thru,most often these feds follow the migration to count species and observe birds of prey as they migrate/follow migration,last season someone called the feds on us for shooting over a baited field,the field was thrashed, oats then heavy rain that flooded the field,couldn't harvest,buddy/owner of said land was tagged,he won in court.Crop was a total loss,agent told us the field needed to be plowed under in order to hunt legally.

herd stories of picked corn and pea fields,anything/seeds left above ground is considered bait unless plowed under.Boils down to who/what lawman comes along with a puffy chest.

Last edited:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mosquito issue sucked Sunday morning until wind picked up. Still 72° was not ideal. We did get 19 Sunday and 5 on Monday. Birds done and back to water by 8:45. Get some rain and the bugs will be thick.

I'm honestly kind of surprised mosquitos are a factor whatsoever right now. I haven't swatted one since May. But then again I suppose it's a bigger factor around whatever water sources are left out there.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have some real boy scouts come thru,most often these feds follow the migration to count species and observe birds of prey as they migrate/follow migration,last season someone called the feds on us for shooting over a baited field,the field was thrashed, oats then heavy rain that flooded the field,couldn't harvest,buddy/owner of said land was tagged,he won in court.Crop was a total loss,agent told us the field needed to be plowed under in order to hunt legally.

herd stories of picked corn and pea fields,anything/seeds left above ground is considered bait unless plowed under.Boils down to who/what lawman comes along with a puffy chest.

A guy needs to record these tyrants on your phone and paste it all over Youtube. There are a lot of Youtube channels where guys expose officials for infringing on our rights.

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the party hunting of waterfowl would be a federal regulation, not a law the state could change. I know guides that put toe tags on all of their clients birds. I've always been under the assumption that you weren't hunting over bait as long as "normal farming practices" had taken place. Honestly don't know if thats how the law reads but it would be a pretty vague rule. Was too hot for this weekend warrier on Sunday but reading these posts is giving me the itch. Good luck to everyone!

R@nger_BO@TS

Honored Member
Anyone now what happened with this whole bobbyguyfilms thing I heard from multiple people that they just left their birds to rot outside the cabin for 3 days and wasted all the meat and just threw em away and now he’s going on and on about how he’s being attacked on social media because some teenage boys put on their insta story’s what their crew did and called them out on it which is good. If this is true that’s pretty disappointing especially since he is a guide and a big YouTuber that promoted hunting ethics almost every video.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it considered wonton waste if you don't take the legs off geese ? I have heard that it is, could get ass in a sling if so.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is it considered wonton waste if you don't take the legs off geese ? I have heard that it is, could get ass in a sling if so.

No it is not, the breast are all you need.

As for sportsman hunting fields the only way it is baiting is if there was no effort too combine the field. If the field has been hailed out and is a 100 percent loose then it can be hunted legally. If the farmer make a attempt to combine a field that is say 50 percent loose its still legal to hunt.

Yrs ago we hunted a Wheat field that got burned off. We had wardens come out and talked to us about it being a baited field. The field was burnt off by a train causing the fire so the warden let us go.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We got them pretty good today

4E041DDF-1B4E-406C-B59A-E9A7E5E09B49.jpg

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone now what happened with this whole bobbyguyfilms thing I heard from multiple people that they just left their birds to rot outside the cabin for 3 days and wasted all the meat and just threw em away and now he’s going on and on about how he’s being attacked on social media because some teenage boys put on their insta story’s what their crew did and called them out on it which is good. If this is true that’s pretty disappointing especially since he is a guide and a big YouTuber that promoted hunting ethics almost every video.
Punctuation please!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76