Does this type of training collar exist?

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
https://invisipup.com/products/invi...MIu82mxay28gIVASM4Ch0lNALEEAAYAyAAEgJy4PD_BwE

You guys are pretty smart…so Am I crazy or is this what I’m after? Anyone see a reason this will not work. Check the FAQ.
I can’t tell if you set up a perimeter like other electric fences or a radius like I would want with a mobile hunting situation so as I move, so does the radius.

it’s not a training collar, but essentially you carry your own invisible fence with you…carry the transmitter in your backpack or whatever. It is wireless, doesn’t need a signal. It can be Paired up with a collar like a training collar. Gotta be a downside and I know you guys can find it for me.

Last edited:

tsioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scenario: Your pup is working thick cover and you know she's on a bird. She's working away from you so go to reposition yourself on the otherside of said thick cover. In your reposition you exceed the 20yard (or whatever distance) and she pulls off to go find you. Bird runs out instead of flushing.

Just seems like unnecessary automation that would add another layer of confusion for the dog IMO. Good idea in theory, bad in practicality.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only downside may be a winged rooster that takes off running?? dog gonna chase it down or disciplined enough to respond to the stimulus and stop? May loose birds that way I spose if your dog stops, i doubt mine would stop chasing a downed one even if it shocked the shit out of her. Something to think about I guess

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Maybe it's my dog but in heavy cover my boy always jumps up to scan where dad is if he's further out he'll make the adjustment himself and work back towards me w/o tone or nic of collar,not a fan of whistle,yelling hunting late season birds as they are jumpy,hell no talking,coughing or truck door slamming as we ready ourselves or just me to enter a field

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75