Sak seasonal campground

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
080849F2-3F21-435A-ACB2-52708E63729A.jpg
Does anyone have info on this campground? It’s just north of Ft. Stevenson. My wife drove by it today and said we need to look into it. I told her it’s probably like every other campground up there and it will have a mile long wait list. I guess if we want to be up there, we better put our name on a few lists.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boat and barge club. Not sure on contact info but do know there was a long waiting list.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure those spots were put up for sale and purchased by the residents. Hard to say thow. Being there once to the photo.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were seasonal campers for many years, I kind of like going to different spots, and not feeling obligated to go every weekend, "because we have a spot"

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same ole same ole spot would get boring unless you had a lot of friends at the same place.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same ole same ole spot would get boring unless you had a lot of friends at the same place.

I'm the opposite. I love getting there and being finished in 5min with pushing a few buttons and turning the AC on. Now, loading and hauling every Friday afternoon and then repeat on Sunday morning? Nahhhh, that sucks ass. Load, unload, hitch up, unhitch. That's wasting lots of beer time under the awning shade, IMO.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah loading shit up every wknd would get old real fast. i dont see how families do it with children. we are fortunate my inlaws have a cabin on the big lake and we literally leave everything from tooth brushes , dog food etc and our boat up starting in may and dont bring her home til august just prior to school starting. pretty easy to jumop in a car and head up most wknds , if i had to haul shit all over 2 vehicles boat and camper no thank you. get up cracka beer 20 mins the lawn is mowed, go fish

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm the opposite. I love getting there and being finished in 5min with pushing a few buttons and turning the AC on. Now, loading and hauling every Friday afternoon and then repeat on Sunday morning? Nahhhh, that sucks ass. Load, unload, hitch up, unhitch. That's wasting lots of beer time under the awning shade, IMO.

There is pluses and minus to both. Like you say, can just leave most things, turn the water off and go. Most permanent sites, people do a deck and such but makes it much more difficult if wanted to pull out for a trip to the Black Hills or another destination. I kinda got out of the camping scene because of all the prep work to come and go. And your right, cuts into the "beer time".

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were travelers for a long time and enjoyed it. However, we jumped at the opportunity to become seasonal campers last year and we quickly fell in love with it. It is great to show up with bag of clothes, turn the AC on, grab the chairs, crack a beer, and start relaxing. We get a long with everyone in the campground and the kids made a lot of new friends. Although we enjoy where we currently are, we would love to get up to the big lake. Unfortunately there's not a lot of spots and a majority are lottery based.

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saved my dollars bought a lot and built my cabin on Sak. Took time and commitment, but best decision I ever made. We go almost every weekend all seasons. When we retire we’ll sell the house in town and live there. Had doubts and nervousness when deciding, but would do it again in a heartbeat. So nice to not haul stuff back and forth forever.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saved my dollars bought a lot and built my cabin on Sak. Took time and commitment, but best decision I ever made. We go almost every weekend all seasons. When we retire we’ll sell the house in town and live there. Had doubts and nervousness when deciding, but would do it again in a heartbeat. So nice to not haul stuff back and forth forever.

We will hopefully be doing the same thing in the future. We have really been liking the shop/house idea so we can store all the toys as well.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't find a lot anywhere NEAR the lake for less than $100k. There are some in Seclusion (Douglas Creek) for $60k but there are also 8 miles of gravel to get there. I wish, I wish, I continue wishing...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Awesome

Most of my friends have cabins/year round homes on the lake.
It is super sweat having a house on the lake, however they tend to spend a half a day a weekend mowing, watering, repairing, etc.
Small price to pay, but sure takes away from the weekend.
That being said, I would do it myself iffn lots and homes weren't more than a house in town.

mrs johnr needs to make more.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
its crazy prices ---- no way can one justify unless if your retired or work part time.

I have a seasonal -- lot is small 10min mowing.

dodgeguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love having a seasonal spot but it's getting where they want an arm and a leg for those too. Talked to a guy the other day up in beulah he wanted a 15 year lease and 40 to 50 grand up front. Ummmm don't think so.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love having a seasonal spot but it's getting where they want an arm and a leg for those too. Talked to a guy the other day up in beulah he wanted a 15 year lease and 40 to 50 grand up front. Ummmm don't think so.

Yep, no thank you. We paid $1,700 for the year on Oahe and we have a double wide spot with enough room for the camper, boat, waverunner, two vehicles, and a good amount of grass that the owners mow. I think it's going to be a looooong wait to get up to the big lake, but oh well. At least we already have spot that is guaranteed every year. They have also been working on 21 new spots for next year so the campground will be filling up.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone interested in devils lake -- i have a deal for you ping me if interested.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone interested in devils lake -- i have a deal for you ping me if interested.

I wish it wasn't such a far drive from Bismarck. I was up there for a few days last week and the fishing was great. I have relatives up there that have a lot with a park model. I wish there were places on Oahe or Sakakawea where a guy could have those things set up.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish it wasn't such a far drive from Bismarck. I was up there for a few days last week and the fishing was great. I have relatives up there that have a lot with a park model. I wish there were places on Oahe or Sakakawea where a guy could have those things set up.
There were two park homes for sale at Indian Hills all summer, weirdly after sitting all summer I believe they have both sold in the last couple weeks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80