Response to Slacker's ? in Reports

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For some reason can't reply to your thread.

When the flow is way down try a lighted slip float and long casts. I start the drop at about five feet.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Full disclosure: This method has obtained multiple cats, carp, buffalo and drum. It's ALSO produced two walleye, three trout and one salmon (all nightcrawlers). I use Thill Nite Brite floats with four chambers:. Only use one light stick for illumination. Two is excessive and a waste of funds. It's a great show when this bobber is pulled under and is a real treat for my son . I've also found the hook-up percentage rate increases over daytime bobber dunking :): The "light show" seems to prevent premature hooksets/excited reeling. It's very cool.

Never tried minnows.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you ever tried smelt under your floating candles?

Or maybe even better, pieces of smelt. It just seems like such a natural bait for that area.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No Sir. Only 'crawlers. In further discloser we only use Husky Jerks and spinnerbaits nowadays with dubious success. It's more fun and a lot less shit to fool with. Same "by-catch"--more walleye.

This is all from shore. Skilled boat anglers should have no problem with the above slip float.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76