Kudos to Bismarck Sheels

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
We purchased a receiver hitch two bike rack from Scheels in Bismarck a couple of weeks ago and used it for the second time today. We were nearly to out destination and I noticed that the bikes were really leaning backwards. Stopped to investigate and come to find out that the bike rack was bending from the constant bouncing caused by the road. We went for out bike ride after an not too comfortable discussion with the better half. Got back and put the bikes back on the rack not sure they would survive the trip. I did add four bungies down to the safety chain loops on the hitch. Made it home ok, unloaded the bikes, had lunch, and then took it down to Sheels. A wonderful gentleman by the name of Mike came out and he realized after a short review that the hitch had been assembled incorrectly. We too it off the pickup and into the store. We went down to the bike rack display area...nothing there that i wanted. He checked what had recently been received....nothing that I wanted. He got the bike shop (I assune) manager out to look at it and I said give me a good discount on the price and I will take it home and fix it. The manager said I will take it back to the shop and fix it right now. On the way back to to the shop, Mike assured me that I would still get a discount. After a reasonable wait Mike shows up with it in a cart all fixed, He asked me what I thought was a reasonable discount, I told him, and he said he had to consult with a manager. All approved and then he helped me stick it back on the pickup. So glad that I purchased locally. Can't imaging the CF if I had bought on line. Anyway, Scheels will always do right for you if it is a reasonable issue.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good to hear. Mike has always been helpful for any questions I might have too. Nice guy - great store.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ditto--very few retailers will go the extra step to appease the customer like
Scheels. the reason Scheels is still atround and growing in store growth and locations is cuz they do it right!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a chip for graph there got home no chip in case called they sent new chip no questions asked.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have likely spent over $30,000 in that store over the last 30 years, and there is a good reason for that.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have given them a lot of business. However, I have been giving Dakota Tackle a lot of business lately. I figured I would support local for a while.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dakota tackle all the way. Better selection and Wade is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. When he’s gone I’ll have to quit fishing.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

One for each day otw

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110