20 Gauge

bilbo

Honored Member
We just bought my Son a 20 gauge as he completed his hunter safety class earlier in the spring. I don't own any 20 gauges, so don't have any ammo for it. I had been seeing 12's on the shelf here and there so figured I'd be able to get something that would work, when we needed it. Boy was I wrong. Put a ton of miles on driving to different stores in Fargo and Grand Forks and couldn't find a single box of target loads. I was able to find some heavy loads, but that's not real great for an 11 year old to shoot clays with in just a T-shirt. My Dad asked his hometown hardware store about it and they said they haven't been able to get 20 gauge target loads in a year or so.

Does anyone know of anywhere that might have some 20 gauge trap loads? Or have a couple extra boxes they would be willing to part with?

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would try Running in Moorhead. They had target load last Friday.

I will be in there this afternoon and will look.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Outdoorsman had some last Friday. I'd call around first as ammo doesn't last long on the floor these days.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Guyz on here nodak,claimed scheels had plenty of ammo on shelves,but in our world today this can change quick,I'll say this,one can never have enough ammo,lesson learned,I'm seeing off brand ammo locally,new name 12ga target loads by "Dochi" 1300fps,$15/box! at this rate I might need to try a new sport like golf...but then I here golf balls are hard to find these days.

bilbo

Honored Member
Thanks for all the replies so far, I was going to stop into the Outdoorsman but we missed it closing by 10 minutes on Saturday. Scheels did have lots of ammo, but no light loads that I found. Seems like everyone has 12, 16, and even 28 gauge but not much for 20. .410 is even more scarce. I will have to check on Runnings, I forgot all about them. Zogman, thank you for the generous offer. If I can't find anything in the next couple of days I'll send you a PM.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks for all the replies so far, I was going to stop into the Outdoorsman but we missed it closing by 10 minutes on Saturday. Scheels did have lots of ammo, but no light loads that I found. Seems like everyone has 12, 16, and even 28 gauge but not much for 20. .410 is even more scarce. I will have to check on Runnings, I forgot all about them. Zogman, thank you for the generous offer. If I can't find anything in the next couple of days I'll send you a PM.
Walmart is the best place to find 20 gauge trap loads at not so crazy prices. PM me if you don’t find any I may be able to help

Gooser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a case of Herters 5 shot I was asking $110 but for a kid will sell for $100.
text me at 870-0643

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a case of Herters 5 shot I was asking $110 but for a kid will sell for $100.
text me at 870-0643

That's a nice offer, hope someone takes you up on it.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was just in Running, they have 5 or 6 boxes of 1 oz 5 shot. No trap or light game loads.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
No 20 gauge light loads in Bismarck's Scheel's or Runnings this afternoon. Scheels has game loads for $20.

bilbo

Honored Member
Welp, found out this afternoon I've got the dreaded Covid, so we won't be going shooting real soon. My wife did pick up some golden pheasant 20 gauge shells at the GF Scheels yesterday so at least we're good there. They only had #5. Hopefully next week everyone's healthy and we can try again, and maybe will give me some time to try to source some through mail-order.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Welp, found out this afternoon I've got the dreaded Covid, so we won't be going shooting real soon. My wife did pick up some golden pheasant 20 gauge shells at the GF Scheels yesterday so at least we're good there. They only had #5. Hopefully next week everyone's healthy and we can try again, and maybe will give me some time to try to source some through mail-order.

I'd eat vitamin D3 and C like candy. Not medical advice. What I'd do.

bilbo

Honored Member
Actually I'm not doing too bad. I'm guessing it started Friday night last week, as I woke up and felt cold. That should have been a red flag, I run cold so it always feels too warm for me, I probably had a fever. But I added a blanket and went back to bed. I slept off and on, not very well, but I thought it was stress due to a rough week at work. Saturday I felt fine, just tired. I figured it was because of the poor sleep I had got. Sunday just felt run down again. My wife said I should go get it checked, especially since we planned to visit my Dad this weekend. I said no way it's Covid, just hay fever. Yesterday when I ate my lunch I noticed I couldn't taste it so then i caved and went in for the test. So all in all it's not really been an issue for me, I even weedwacked and mowed the lawn this evening. Having to stay at home for 10 days is going to blow.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75