2FG

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK, so maybe I haven't bought blackpowder in in a few years, but Scheels in Bismarck no longer carries it.

Where in the hell can a guy get the most simple of all muzzleloader powders?

Not gonnna lie, very dissapointed in Scheels right now.

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW, I am not intersted in buying BP replacements, I would like to know where I can get BP locally without having to make it myself. Which I might just do if necessary.

In that sense, FFS.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK, so maybe I haven't bought blackpowder in in a few years, but Scheels in Bismarck no longer carries it.
Not gonnna lie, very dissapointed in Scheels right now.

How long do you expect a retailer to stock an item that has significantly diminished demand? You say you haven't bought BP in a few years. It's probably more like 15+ if you bought your last lot of true BP from Scheels rather than more likely Gun City. I left Scheels 22yrs ago and in Forks we carried no true BP, just loose Pyrodex equivalent.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably forever, especially since I'm pretty sure it's not been 15 years since I've last seen BP firearms sold there.

Come to think of it, it's also been about 8-10 yrs since I last bought RL 22 from them, so is that also why they didn't have RL 22 on hand the last time I went there in search of it?

I guess I'm just surprised there isn't a bigger demand for it. Yeah it's dirty as hell to shoot, but I like the cloud of sulfur smelling smoke it produces.

I know part of the problem is that one has to have a special license to sell it since it's labeled as an explosive, not as a propellant. Oh well, off to the internet I go.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know part of the problem is that one has to have a special license to sell it since it's labeled as an explosive, not as a propellant. Oh well, off to the internet I go.

Que up the Hazmat whine in 3, 2, 1...........

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
$19.95 hazmat fee, $9.95 shipping, and $4.50 for adult signature required.

Note, while I only mentioned Scheels...I also called or stopped by every other gun store in town to no avail. So my disappointment isn't just with one place, and it is somewhat unfair to just be disappointed in Scheels when none of the other gun stores carry it either.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree that this shortage in general - whatever drives it - is total BS

I think Obama, Soros, and the elites probably toast to our misery with $1000/bottle wine

their plan to slowly starve out the shooting sports with artificial shortages is working

I think the government probably buys 1000000s of rounds and reloading crap and leaves them in Muslim countries for them to use - because then the public can’t get them here in U.S.

OK - that’s just silly - what am I thinking?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL, that was kind of stroke of evil genius on behalf of Biden. But I am getting the sense that when it comes to BP, we did it to ourselves. Too many ML are now shooting something other than BP. Add that to the extra headache of handling it because it's labeled as an explosive and not a "propellant", and I guess it's just not worth the trouble to keep us on the fringe happy.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Note, while I only mentioned Scheels...I also called or stopped by every other gun store in town to no avail. So my disappointment isn't just with one place, and it is somewhat unfair to just be disappointed in Scheels when none of the other gun stores carry it either.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Daniel Boone made his own powder on occasion. He'd use his own urine as a potassium source. The more you know.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76