Bull shit you heard today

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Judge tosses death sentence in slaying of North Dakota student

FARGO, N.D. (AP) — A federal judge has thrown out the death sentence for a man convicted in the 2003 slaying of a North Dakota college student.

Judge Ralph Erickson ruled Friday that misleading testimony from a medical examiner and limitations on mental health evidence had violated Alfonso Rodriguez Jr.’s constitutional rights.

He ordered a new sentencing phase be conducted. Rodriguez has been on death row at a federal prison for nearly two decades in the death of Dru Sjodin, a Minnesota woman who was abducted from a Grand Forks mall parking lot in November 2003.

Rodriguez, a sex offender, was arrested the following month. Despite several massive searches, Sjodin’s body wasn’t found until the following April near Crookston, Minnesota.

This guy should not of been alive for this long. :mad:

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i actually disagree only from a comparison standpoint. the death penalty isn't available on the reservations. but, we have had at least a handful of heinous murders on the spirit lake reservation that could have or should have landed those folks on potential death row. just not an option. also, the dead pregnant mom who had her child cut from her womb. and isaak in bismarck/mandan. the difference besides the fact that they happened on a reservation and the others just in the state of north dakota? rodriguez was a mentally challenged nearly retarded individual who killed a beautiful young college girl with very little planning and who got court appointed attorneys. i can't help but think if none of these others face the chair, neither should he. caveat... i think they all deserve the chair and two wrongs don't make a right.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The biggest bull shit in the OP is that he's been on death row for TWENTY years! How much longer were they going to wait?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
i actually disagree only from a comparison standpoint. the death penalty isn't available on the reservations. but, we have had at least a handful of heinous murders on the spirit lake reservation that could have or should have landed those folks on potential death row. just not an option. also, the dead pregnant mom who had her child cut from her womb. and isaak in bismarck/mandan. the difference besides the fact that they happened on a reservation and the others just in the state of north dakota? rodriguez was a mentally challenged nearly retarded individual who killed a beautiful young college girl with very little planning and who got court appointed attorneys. i can't help but think if none of these others face the chair, neither should he. caveat... i think they all deserve the chair and two wrongs don't make a right.

Ummm, I would whole heartedly support the death penalty option for ND based crimes and ND based prosecution.

Rodrigue z not only exceeded my own threshold for the death penalty, but also the federal threshold. Remember, he kidnapped her in one state, and killed her (at least transported her) to another state and that brings the federal rules into play.

The POS should be carrion by now.

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm a little different in that I wouldn't hesitate to throw the switch on a person found guilty of such a heinous crime before heading out to lunch. If the effer was still smoking when I got back, I'd light a cigarette off his flaming corpse, and I don't even smoke any more. It is a true miscarriage of justice that this piece of shit is still alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, are you sure the death penalty isn't available on the reservations? They can be prosecuted under federal laws, no? And that should bring it into play unless there's something in the fine print that brings the death penalty off the federal table for reservations.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That the asshole the planned 9/11 is still alive awaiting trial. That fucker should have been hung long ago

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
When they bring up things like he is retarded or mentally challenged, I don't give a rat's ass, they did the crime, now pay the piper. Shouldn't matter what state of mind you are in.
Also this wasn't the first rape he did and didn't he try to kill one of his previous rapes too, but she got away?
This dragging on like it does with these death penalty cases is BS! Plain and simple.
Personally after reading the above I think they should release the guy and let him walk. Let fate or Karma play the hand he is dealt.
Just feel darn bad for the family, having to deal with this again.

Last edited:

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think sitting in prison for the rest of your life with no possibility of parole would be worse than being put out of your misery.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
POS is most likely digging his prison term as the local bunk muffin for the brother's.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If he was nearly retarded he sure did a good job of fleeing the scene with her body to a different state and tried to hide her in a ditch and left to die. Seems to me someone with a lot less mental capability would not understand going to these lengths. I'm getting tired of hearing mentally unstable as a reason for someone to not get convicted or put to death.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose you would know better than I. Sorry, I think I was more surprised than anything.

no worries. its definitely not common knowledge. it was nearly a decade before i knew about it. the valentino bagola murder of those little kids made me scratch my head and wonder why it wasn't being sought.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80