Question on a ramp ?

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had some friends talk me into driving up this weekend, my question is , is this ramp south of Newtown and little field bay good to use or does the lower water I’ve heard about have it out of commission for the time being ? , please and thank you

Attachments

3A1DEB70-DD14-4C67-88E2-8515311E85F2.jpg

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I believe your red dot is at Pouch Point. Littlefield is farther north. Don't know its condition but can't imagine its very good.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
New and Town are two separate words.

Nonetheless, there has been a post or two about Pouch Point being marginal as of late, not necessarily unusable...just on the edge of reasonable.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
The Pouch ramp is fine, we've been using it the past couple weeks. Just a little bumpy since you are driving on shoreline. I've seen 21' glass boats being put in there.

wales

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your spot is Littlefield bay & I can't imagine it is usable. Pouch Bay is further south by about 7 miles in the big bay you show on your map.. That is usable but tricky as ramp is narrow & bumpy.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry. That is Pouch Point bay on your map. see previous as far as usable.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
FWIW, I was up in the area last weekend. While we didn't go all the way to Pouch, there were a lot of boats that were coming back from that direction during the day. e.g. Putting in at either 4Bears or the New Town Marina and motoring all the way down there.

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member
think we'll give it a go I've launched in flooded ditches so not to worried if it's a little bit rough, used to run that area a lot with dad 35+ years ago memories are a bit fuzzy, it's also a semi type scouting trip for the carp shoot next year and a good excuse to see some old friends again , thank you all again for the direction and advice

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
New and Town are two separate words.

Nonetheless, there has been a post or two about Pouch Point being marginal as of late, not necessarily unusable...just on the edge of reasonable.
A lot are two separate words too, friggen drives me nuts. And regardless is also just regardless, there is no ir in front of it.

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
A lot are two separate words too, friggen drives me nuts. And regardless is also just regardless, there is no ir in front of it.

And I don't pull something from the freezer to unthaw it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75