lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Is jiffy dead? Is vexilar dead?
Post your wish list for this hard water trolling season

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to get a wheelhouse one of these days, but I don't think this year is the year. We really enjoyed the 650XD we bought last year and I've also been eyeing the new 850XD. I also have to get the wife her own flasher so she will stop stealing mine.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jiffy has been dead for like 5 years. My issue with the Vexilar (28) is having to bounce between normal to low power mode in shallower water.

anyone want to buy an old white 10” jiffy with the good tecumseh engine?

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm switching back from a propane auger to a battery. With the new house, I don't want exhaust all up in my business!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jiffy has been dead for like 5 years. My issue with the Vexilar (28) is having to bounce between normal to low power mode in shallower water.

there is actually a weed mode on the 28 leave it on normal setting and push the gain button in and turn the unit on at the same time it will automatically switch to weed mode.
Regardless vexilar shit the bed when they discontinued the best ice ducer on the market the tri beam

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought the Marcum M5 last year and really like it. I don't use most of the options like zoom and such so I could've probably gone with the 3 or even 1. Does anyone use the sonar on their boats for ice fishing as well? I have the Lowrance Hook2 5 on my boat and it has an ice fishing sonar built in. I would have to buy the ice pack for it if it's worth using. The only problem I see with doing this is that Marcum has the interference reduction feature that the wife and I can both turn on if we have the same unit. I haven't tried this yet so I don't even know how well it works.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

As I start up my 30 year old never let me down jiffy. The problem with all this technology is every year it keeps changing to rapid. To keep up with it your buying a new auger every year.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought the Marcum M5 last year and really like it. I don't use most of the options like zoom and such so I could've probably gone with the 3 or even 1. Does anyone use the sonar on their boats for ice fishing as well? I have the Lowrance Hook2 5 on my boat and it has an ice fishing sonar built in. I would have to buy the ice pack for it if it's worth using. The only problem I see with doing this is that Marcum has the interference reduction feature that the wife and I can both turn on if we have the same unit. I haven't tried this yet so I don't even know how well it works.

I take my helix 9er off the dash in the winter and plug it into the ice kit. Works like a champ, all your mapping n stuff is right there.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read the discussions off the Ice Shanty and the popular consensus on the newest electric ice auger is that the companies haven't figure out that ice trollers want is a power point or a composite 10 inch bit. oh also seemed to want more serrated blades as well but companies for some reason or another haven't figure that one out. The problem with the electric augers the lithium batteries don't last very long and with replacements costing a couple hundred to replace, so the gassers will be around for a while yet.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have one of the first Aqua vu 360. It works real good in a house and put it on a big TV.

That is a nice feature that you can record.

Last edited:

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I purchased a battery auger last season, seems legit.
Not sure I will add anything to my set up at this time, other than replace potential broken items that seem to happen periodically.

Might add another locator, as mrs johnr seems to be catching on to the winter fishing gig

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I purchased a battery auger last season, seems legit.
Not sure I will add anything to my set up at this time, other than replace potential broken items that seem to happen periodically.

Might add another locator, as mrs johnr seems to be catching on to the winter fishing gig
Do you want to use my Duramax to pull that camper back to Dickinson on Sunday? When I passed you on 49 this evening it looked like that Ford was struggling to get it done.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you want to use my Duramax to pull that camper back to Dickinson on Sunday? When I passed you on 49 this evening it looked like that Ford was struggling to get it done.
Turbo hose blow off, got to Beulah and hose clamped it back on. We will make it home. Already have it lined out to go in to red rock Monday morning. Was a long 30 miles to town without the turbo working.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70