Ode to my Remy

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Damn,I messed up my key board and made up a allergy story to my co-worker.,fantastic heart felt read Duck,well done,so very sad but well done.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Duck, sorry about the loss of Remy. Awesome tribute\story and picture of Remy! :;:thumbsup Give the relative that painted it, a high 5 from me. Here in a month and a half it will be 3 years that we put Gunnar down, he's still thought about very often. The saying "Gone but not forgotten" is true. Remy will always be with you, especially when you hunt the same places that you hunted when he was still alive.

Last edited:

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yep, they are just like family.
We had (3) labs through the years. Each one tore a little bit more out of my heart when they were gone.
I told my wife, I just can't deal with losing another one. So now we are dogless. Which is hard too. : )

Thanks for sharing your story. It refreshed hunt memories from my own past. Thumbs Up Best hunting buddies I ever had!

Last edited:

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Great story Duckslayer...thanks for sharing. It's never easy to lose your best friend, listener, partner, hunting buddy, etc. They don't give a crap about what time you come home at night, how much you had to drink, or who you were with, they are just happy as hell to see you when you walk in the door!

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great story Duckslayer...thanks for sharing. It's never easy to lose your best friend, listener, partner, hunting buddy, etc. They don't give a crap about what time you come home at night, how much you had to drink, or who you were with, they are just happy as hell to see you when you walk in the door!

Lock the wife and the dog in the trunk and see who's excited to see you and who's ready to kill you when you pop er open. True love really does exist.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76