stream sakakawea...

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i heard today that the corps is gonna drop the lake another 17' next year... its about 1817 - 1820 now i read...

i remember not being able to get a boat in anywhere west of new town in the mid 90's... iirc it was at 1803, and white earth channel from the bay to the main lake was about 2' deep... we were at van hook every weekend, along with about 300 other boats... mesh screens off south and west gull island for boat ramps, 8# was an island 10' out of the water, joes bar was about 80 acres, shell had to be 200 acres, and no water where the main ramp is now or north...

someone please tell me i heard wrong...

supermag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lake is at 1832 today. Hard for anyone to know what next year brings.

Last edited:

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks for the info, and insult... not trolling, just asking a question based on what i heard from a serious pist off tournament fisherman...

the lake level was from google, don't know where it comes from, and the 1803 was from my gps years ago... but a 17' drop from where we are now would be devastating for this end of the lake...

glad to hear we have nothing to worry about... carry on...

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I heard know one human can tell you what’s going to happen next! All I’m saying ! Thanks for coming!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
For all eternity, you might want to take whoever you heard that from with a very large grain of salt.

Why people feel the need to make shit up is beyond me. There's enough out there that is true to be worried about in life. Note, that isn't directed at you, Raider.

Slacker

No insult to you, but your source on the other hand...

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
For all eternity, you might want to take whoever you heard that from with a very large grain of salt.

Why people feel the need to make shit up is beyond me. There's enough out there that is true to be worried about in life. Note, that isn't directed at you, Raider.
Maybe if the corp wouldn't lie to the public like they did in 2011 people might believe what they say.

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
thanks for the info, and insult... not trolling, just asking a question based on what i heard from a serious pist off tournament fisherman...

the lake level was from google, don't know where it comes from, and the 1803 was from my gps years ago... but a 17' drop from where we are now would be devastating for this end of the lake...

glad to hear we have nothing to worry about... carry on...

just not a very well thought out post buddy

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think Sak got down to around 1815 in 1991(?) and again in 2004. In 2004 COE was suggesting that it would take many years to restore to normal elevation. It took less that 2.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep it will all depend on what the snowfall in the mountains is this coming year. 2012 seems so far away right now with water going over the spillways throughout the system.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure what is going to happen. I heard that the out flows from Sak are supposed to be cut next week wich will hurt Bis and Oahe. Any rumor of a 17' drop would have to be a worst case scenario if we had a dry winter and spring like the last. Fortunately No one controls the weather as far as I know.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe if the corp wouldn't lie to the public like they did in 2011 people might believe what they say.

Lie would be a bit stronger language than I would use. 2011 was a pretty effed up year, I don't know of anyone that would have predicted the wet period that hit the upper Missouri River basin that year. And if they did, they would have been considered on the fringe of reality. There were places in MT that got their annual dose of rain in 24-48 hrs. And they did it repeatedly over the course of 6-8 weeks.

All they can do is react to what's thrown at them, and that spring was a doozy.

- - - Updated - - -

Think Sak got down to around 1815 in 1991(?) and again in 2004. In 2004 COE was suggesting that it would take many years to restore to normal elevation. It took less that 2.

Yep, the powers that be often underestimate Mother Nature. She can be quite the biatch.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am headed to Pick City again right now, should be able to add some depth to this conversation with my keen observances.

Stay calm, I will fill all the blanks in a weekends time. Whilst you wait, check out the covid thread and get some

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75