Trespass Law Question

Ruddy Duck

Honored Member
Example4.jpg

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have no personal experience with these pictures, I just pulled them form the plots guide, and maybe I am wrong, maybe these are accesable but they dont look like it from the map1694791912463.png.

- - - Updated - - -

1694791912463.png

I have no first hand experience with these spots but it looks like there is definitely access to them. The terrain may be too difficult to drive but you can certainly walk any of the 8 section lines that lead to each one. Not being able to drive my pickup too a spot does not make it inaccessible to me.

Ruddy Duck

Honored Member
I have no first hand experience with these spots but it looks like there is definitely access to them. The terrain may be too difficult to drive but you can certainly walk any of the 8 section lines that lead to each one. Not being able to drive my pickup too a spot does not make it inaccessible to me.

Thanks for the input, I don't mind walking but wasn't sure if you can legally access if there is no visible section line and all surrounding land is legally posted.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the input, I don't mind walking but wasn't sure if you can legally access if there is no visible section line and all surrounding land is legally posted.

You definitely can, unless the section line has been closed.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every section line in ND is open for travel as long as it hasn't been closed by the township and very few get closed. Just make sure it's a section line and not a half section line. A good map or GPS is very helpful especially out west where section lines can be hard to decipher.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
During the whole electronic posting debacle in our legislature I let our representation here in North Dakota know that I was against it and reasoning why. I also added that if such a thing comes to pass and all this electronic mapping is as easily do-able as purported by its proponents it should also be easy to include what section lines have been closed, what right-of-ways are government-owned and that would be open to hunting, and any and all government owned lands that would be open to hunting.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
During the whole electronic posting debacle in our legislature I let our representation here in North Dakota know that I was against it and reasoning why. I also added that if such a thing comes to pass and all this electronic mapping is as easily do-able as purported by its proponents it should also be easy to include what section lines have been closed, what right-of-ways are government-owned and that would be open to hunting, and any and all government owned lands that would be open to hunting.
they weren’t about to let that happen

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

the only thing onX might not do is closed section lines.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurtr,

North Dakota and South Dakota have different rules regarding hunting road rights of ways as I understand it. Are you saying Onyx for North Dakota shows what road right-of-ways are government-owned and which are not (for example easement from landowner right of ways would be considered posted if the landowner's ajacent land is posted)? Again, as I understand it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurtr,

North Dakota and South Dakota have different rules regarding hunting road rights of ways as I understand it. Are you saying Onyx for North Dakota shows what road right-of-ways are government-owned and which are not (for example easement from landowner right of ways would be considered posted if the landowner's ajacent land is posted)? Again, as I understand it.

it may but I’m that interested to do the research.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got told 3 times here but it was opening weekend here and kids were coming back but after a polite conversation with the land owners they gave me there cell number and said pretty much after this weekend I will be able to hunt waterfowl anytime. A couple even thanked me for calling and asking as others haven’t. Asked 4th guy and it’s almost go time.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had my ass chewed and then the guy looks at me and say go ahead hunt it #gottaluvnd

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Crazy how much private land is posted this year, there is land that this year that has never been posted before. Land that is wildlife management and plots that has posted signs right next to the wildlife management and plots signs. There is one spot were I have two stands on wildlife management land that I can't get to unless I walk the section line then hop the river bank across two fields to get to it. Holy crap its crazy out there
So if land has old signs that are not legible anymore can you legally hunt them and if there are new signs put up with no information on then as to who posts are they legal.
Screenshot_20211031-211249_Chrome.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot_20211031-211920_Chrome.jpg

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like my coyote hunting trips are done.
Motels,bars,gas stations,restaurants prolly aint gonna miss me anyhow.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never been told no asking to shoot coyotes. Made some good connections doing that for other seasons also

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have never been told no asking to shoot coyotes. Made some good connections doing that for other seasons also[/QUOT

Last year,whilst pheasant hunting in central sodak,I always travel with my 22-250 for yotes/fox etc,one land owner granted me permission to pheasant hunt his section of land I had scoped out earlier,saw a couple yotes cruising his fence line,told the farmer I would be happy to come back that night to dispach the critters,farmer said shotgun only,he didn't want anyone shooting a rifle at night on his property,

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76