Merino Undies

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

FORMER best undies in the world.

The 2UNDR pouch is a game changer.

https://2undr.com/pages/technology

I bought a couple hundred bucks worth and retired my Duluths. (which were in dire need of retirement)

- - - Updated - - -

nobody else finds it odd that a guy that hunts with a poodle has everybody talking about their underwear?

FIFY gomer. :;:howdy

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member

I will see your Duluth's, and raise you with Exofficio Sport Mesh. I have both, along with a number of merino options. My preference by far is the Exofficio Sport Mesh.

https://www.exofficio.com/men/under...port-mesh-9-boxer-brief/AFS_613543141774.html

With the exception of Darn Tough socks (or stationary stand/blind hunting), I have gone away from 100% merino layers. They don't dry as well. I prefer a blend, or full synthetic.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
[/QUOTE]...... I have gone away from 100% merino layers. They don't dry as well. I prefer a blend, or full synthetic.[/QUOTE]

This is true. There are definitely quicker drying options.

They do still hold in more heat when damp though.

Having said that I do use synthetic/blend underwear and t-shirt, then merino. It's pretty much the best combo I've found.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
"Buck Naked" underwear,"no pinch,no stink,no sweat"....

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What about battery powered heating socks?
I was going to purchase last year for mrs johnr, but when I returned to the market to purchase they were all sold out.

Anyone have a set that can attest to the greatness of them?

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was going to purchase last year for mrs johnr, but when I returned to the market to purchase they were all sold out.

They didn't work for me. I have very poor circulation in my feet after freezing them while ice fishing when I was a youngster.

Plus perhaps I didn't have the correct stockings underneath but I remember how I didn't like that I could feel the "wires" running in the bottom of the socks when I walked. Very annoying.

Perhaps they would work for her. ?
Good luck.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member

I keep one heated sock under my bed for emergencies.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I like the Black Ovis merino blend undies and t shirts. The price is right, the blend seems right, and they’re basically self-cleaning. They are fine to wear for days and after about an hour of sitting on a branch in the wind, they’re as good as new. Seriously. Even sheep hunting when a guy is sweating tons. Just finished up a 9 day fly in moose hunt and brought 2 pairs of undies and 2 t shirts for the trip. Just switched back and forth after a few days.

not sure why you need wool undies for whitetail? They’re typically really thin. Unless you mean long underwear? In which case, the zip-off Kuiu merino 3/4 are life changing!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes - I meant long "undies"

aka base layer these days

- - - Updated - - -

my issue is extremes

very vertical terrain - so you can get sweated up even still hunting or hiking to the blind if there's any snow at all

so you get to the blind and now you're a hot wet mess - an hour later you're bummed that you're a cold wet mess

merino and other synthetic long underwear materials (aka base layers) keep you warm even when wet

I need that trait - I'm sold on merino and am looking to go heavier weight (current set is too light)

haven't heard, of or tried, silk under the merino

where does one buy that? victoria's secret? :;:howdy

Last edited:

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually use a sleeping bag in the stand late season put it over my legs up to my waist and zip it up. Been doing this for quite a few years.

- - - Updated - - -

cabalas sells silkys or they used to. duluth trading used to sell artic grade johnnys but there product seems to change with cheap chinese crap.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes - I meant long "undies"

aka base layer these days

- - - Updated - - -

my issue is extremes

very vertical terrain - so you can get sweated up even still hunting or hiking to the blind if there's any snow at all

so you get to the blind and now you're a hot wet mess - an hour later you're bummed that you're a cold wet mess

merino and other synthetic long underwear materials (aka base layers) keep you warm even when wet

I need that trait - I'm sold on merino and am looking to go heavier weight (current set is too light)

haven't heard, of or tried, silk under the merino

where does one buy that? victoria's secret? :;:howdy

If you are worried about sweating and then getting cold merino isnt the answer the synthetics wick moisture and dry faster. Since your not going to wear it days on end the stink really shouldnt matter you can wash it. When it gets cold my sitka heavy base is my absolute go to. That under the timberlines has been the perfect match for being able to be active and not sweat alot

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
actually I do have to wear it days on end - there’s no washing machines at deer camp

I also own synthetics (polypro, fleece, etc) and I find merino comparable in the warm when wet category (vs North Face and other synthetics)

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ordered a selection of Black Ovis which are on CamoFire today.

(I did momentarily hesitate ordering "BO" underclothes :D)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76