Favorite Gun in your safe thread

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I go with skeeter on this and guywhofishes as a number of my weapons come with stories from my previous family members. The story is as important as the weapon.

Like my dad's Speedmaster that was his as a kid, or the 300 Weatherby he bought in 59 and with that gun, at that time, he was kind'a king of the mountain at deer season or the model 70 prewar in 22 k hornet that we shot a ton of rabbits under the spot light with, or the 45-70 springfield rolling block that some indian had to have back in its day based on the way it is dress out or model 92 25-20 that someone spent a bunch of funds on or the parker shotgun my dad bought for 75 dollars when i was a little kid back in the 1950 or so at an auction sale (had left the family but i found it years later at a considerably higher price), maybe my m-1 my son gave me as it is my only decent size weapon if needed, and the list can go on, have a hi-standard 103 supermatic that has additional items to improve its performance that i would never up, my dad had it and he called it his buck rogers gun. Yes, they are all number one in their own rights. Model 75 and 52 winchester target rifles that preform as well as my 97 Dodge cummins 2500 when it comes to pulling chevys and fords around and then maybe my first 22 as a kid, fieldmaster. db

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Old guns are like old girlfriends there were good ones and bad ones. LB

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
I have a Browning Buckmark 22 pistol my old man gave me as a welcome home gift when I got back from Afghanistan. It's insanely accurate and means a lot to me. My other favorites would have to be my Ithaca mod 37 12 gauge, and the Savage bolt action 22 rifle that was my first gun.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I forgot about my Red Ryder from the fifties that hangs on the wall. Shot more bullets and kill more birds than all the others combine and then some. Great times with the cats shooting birds in the upstairs of the barn at night. Guess maybe my favorite if i had to say but not in the safe. Could use some love and maybe a trip back in time. db

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you still have both your eyes,::: LB

yes, but I was young and dumb enough to shoot a metal clothes lines pole. The bb hit the pole, ricocheted back and hit my square in the forehead.

BB guns are dangerous M Kay.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot about my Red Ryder from the fifties that hangs on the wall. Shot more bullets and kill more birds than all the others combine and then some. Great times with the cats shooting birds in the upstairs of the barn at night. Guess maybe my favorite if i had to say but not in the safe. Could use some love and maybe a trip back in time. db

I think shooting sparrows and pigeons in the barn with ditch cougars and flashlights was one of the earliest experiences I had learning to shoot. Great times.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting to see such a variety of firearms mentioned, and some cool history to go with them.

Myself and brothers are very fortunate to have a father with one of the most impressive winchester collection probably in the state.
Since he had 4 boys and loved pre 64 featherweights he went on to find 4 of every caliber ever produced in the pre 64 featherweight. That and his affection for the late 1800s early 1900 lever actions has amassed him quiet a collection he has been gifting us every birthday and Christmas for the last 30 years or so.
Just the ammount of time he put into finding these at gun shops, gun shows, auctions and personnel collections all before the internet "something he's never been on".
Makes me appreciate them all the more, with those i have no favorite.
But the rifle I reach for 90% of the time i walk out the door on no matter the location or big game is my trusty 90s winchester model 70 sharpshooter in 7STW, pretty much built by HS precision in South Dakota.
Just had it out this week as a matter of fact. Havent cleaned the barrel in at least 20 years, figured what for when it still shoot half inch groups with 160 accubonds, and it still looks good to this day. And drops most critters stone dead in their tracks.

20210922_083051.jpg

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old guns are like old girlfriends there were good ones and bad ones. LB

So true, you won't ever hear me ever say anything good about my single-shot Mossberg pump shotgun. I hunted with it for years until I finally came to the conclusion that hunting tools need not be frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

"Since he had 4 boys and loved pre 64 featherweights he went on to find 4 of every caliber ever produced in the pre 64 featherweight. "

DAMN!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73