Fishing for ~

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Frogs....lol no joke look at the size of these giant frogs (I see deep fried frog legs) ,know wonder the bass in florida are so big feeding on these creatures..I have a couple of these weedless top water only weedless frogs just for bass fishing in lily pads like this,these /frog lures have a lithium battery mounted in they'frontal lobe that causes the lure to make a periotic frog "rivit" sound which ingages when lure is wet,old lure,maybe 20 years old,my PB best on this frog lure is 24,5" 8.4lbs,most exciting way to bass fish,in the pads,heavy junk with top water lures,weedless frog/mouse lures are a great adrenaline rush in heavy cover with a big bass blows up on the lure,buzz baits the same in open water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP7oFNGy9H8

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
hang fishing flies in front of a frog and slurp... they're hooked

we did it with leopard and bullfrogs all the time as kids

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
hang fishing flies in front of a frog and slurp... they're hooked

we did it with leopard and bullfrogs all the time as kids

ah man that ain't right....lol

Ever watch the one "duck dynasty" show when the crew went night frogging on a golf course and got busted? back when this show was entertaining/funny shit.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I prefer to hunt them with pointing dogs...

IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1035.jpg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
we use a minnow net with a tree branch on it worked good, then sold the frogs to people fishing for cats by the point bridge in east grand forks. These Mexican ( latin for the sensitive types) guys would kill them and leave them lying on tin cookie sheets in the sun all day the flies were crazy. Never forgot that though those guys could catch cats. This was late 80's early 90's spent the money at the grand forks county fair for the summer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75